2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
11% increase in hp and 20% increase in torque for the Trax should be noticeable in such small vehicles, certainly isn't going to hurt sales!

HP from 138 to 153
torque from 148 to 177
That's what I figured when I saw this. GM/Chevy and their lack of small cars along with enhancing output in this should help it
From what I heard, they are anemic little piggies
I've driven it. My brother/sister in law have one. A 2018 LT AWD and IMO after driving it, that it wasn't as bad as the interwebs say. It's no slouch and will get out of its own way. Mind you this was at a 5800'+ elevation too.

·
Premium Member
33,285 Posts
That's what I figured when I saw this. GM/Chevy and their lack of small cars along with enhancing output in this should help it

I've driven it. My brother/sister in law have one. A 2018 LT AWD and IMO after driving it, that it wasn't as bad as the interwebs say. It's no slouch and will get out of its own way. Mind you this was at a 5800'+ elevation too.
That’s great, so a little more heat under its proverbial underwear should go along well

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
11% increase in hp and 20% increase in torque for the Trax should be noticeable in such small vehicles, certainly isn't going to hurt sales!

HP from 138 to 153
torque from 148 to 177
From what I heard, they are anemic little piggies
Putrid vehicle with more power!

:woot:

·
Registered
12,692 Posts
This will be the next vehicle to get canned

When GM walk away from GM Korea and close the factory

Run away run away

All the way to Zero Zero Zero ;)

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I remember the day when I heard GM would be resurrecting the Trailblazer. Images of the 2006-2009 Trailblazer SS danced in my head. I thought it was a bad joke when I found out the powertrains would be 1.2L and 1.3L engines.
That's kind of the way I was and then followed the rest of the story, and what we really got. Not bad little vehicle but a wrong name on it and 3 cyl. instead of 4's. It's like they were trying to hog tie themselves from the get go considering how the masses of Americans feel about things less than 4's in their vehicles no matter how small.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
Hopefully, this helps the Trax keep up with Trailblazer sales..
What the point of the Tax when the Trailblazer exists, feed the rental lots?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
https://***********.com/blog/2020/1...opts-new-more-powerful-engine/#comment-994918 . I found this article over at the link. If this is so might this also mean that maybe they are sticking around a bit longer than expected. Comments and insight anybody? From the Authorized GM website. ;)
Interesting, "authorizied" GM websites aren't' allowed here.. :confused:;)

I wonder if I could do https://www.ford.com/ or https://www.bmwusa.com/ and not be censored?.

Oh, it looks like I can.......

·
Premium Member
33,285 Posts
I remember the day when I heard GM would be resurrecting the Trailblazer. Images of the 2006-2009 Trailblazer SS danced in my head. I thought it was a bad joke when I found out the powertrains would be 1.2L and 1.3L engines.
That was a Trailblazer Of old GM, you got to admit, selling 3 banger Aveos for $30K is great business, the close to Toyota $4.2 Billion quarterly profits didn’t come from nowhere.
Despite what you might have heard, I do not work over there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Probably. It and encore have been de-contented and I’ve heard that ‘21 is the last year as the all new ones were not designed for/won’t be coming to NA

·
Registered
11,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Probably. It and encore have been de-contented and I’ve heard that ‘21 is the last year as the all new ones were not designed for/won’t be coming to NA
Which in and of itself is strange that at this point they'd drop a new engine into it. That had to cost a bit. Meanwhile the interior hasn't changed a bit. It soldiers on with that cheesy drivers seat mounted armrest instead of a proper center console and armrest. :confused:

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,163 Posts
Which in and of itself is strange that at this point they'd drop a new engine into it. That had to cost a bit. Meanwhile the interior hasn't changed a bit. It soldiers on with that cheesy drivers seat mounted armrest instead of a proper center console and armrest. :confused:
There are unconfirmed rumors over at The Authority that the next-gen Trax/Encore will be GEM based, with improvements for stuff like NA crash testing. Not confirmed, so we'll see.

https://www.gminsidenews.com/forums...emise-small-cars-continue-297781/#post7274639

gm authority dot com/blog/2020/11/more-than-15-new-gm-vehicles-slated-to-launch-for-2022-model-year/

With the issues over in Korea (where Trax/Trailblazers/Encore/Encore GX are made for the US market) it wouldn't surprise me if GM went for some Trax/Encore production in Mexico.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts