GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2018 Traverse AWD with 7xxx miles on it that developed a transmission studder/slipping issue when shifting from 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4th gears, higher gears seem to be ok. Did a quick search and can’t come up with anything here but have seen similar complaints in a google search. We just drove from Ct. to Florida (1500 miles) pretty much non stop and after letting the vehicle sit for a few hours yesterday the problem is not as bad but does still exist. Can anyone give me any ideas on what we might be dealing with here?

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
We have a 2018 Traverse AWD with 7xxx miles on it that developed a transmission studder/slipping issue when shifting from 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4th gears, higher gears seem to be ok. Did a quick search and can’t come up with anything here but have seen similar complaints in a google search. We just drove from Ct. to Florida (1500 miles) pretty much non stop and after letting the vehicle sit for a few hours yesterday the problem is not as bad but does still exist. Can anyone give me any ideas on what we might be dealing with here?
I have a 2019 Enclave that had the same problem at around the same # of miles. After a lot of back and forth, from going from "this is normal" to ultimately diagnosing that the problem was indeed the TQ converter...I eventually was able to get it changed out and since then I've been okay-ish. If you take it in, stay on their ass about it, don't accept "this is normal".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it is still under warranty, not dealing with the dealer we normally buy and get service done by and want some idea ahead of time what the issue might be.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Sounds like your transmission.

You're welcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts