GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Re: EXCLUSIVE: Transformers Mystery Car Is The Corvette Centennial Concept!

Man... that thing is amazing.

If it's not an indication of what the C7 is going to look like, how is it "so much more"? I don't care what the hell it is. If this isn't going to be on the road, I'm not interested or impressed.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts

That's pretty friggin' sweet. Perhaps it won't be the C7, but I bet a few design elements from this will go into the C7.

·
Registered
13,337 Posts

I personally think that it would be a HUGE mistake for GM to NOT make the C-7 look VERY close to this striking, challenging yet celebratory design study. It has been a long time since a Corvette truly turned heads and inspired awe, with the C-6 weighted down with design elements of the Viper and perhaps a Ferrari (sp?)....this Transformer gem could make the Corvette a legend again. But I will not get too excited since both GM and the Chevy division asked us to vote on the triplets then ignored the returns and built the winner, the Beat, BELOW U.S. standards so it CAN'T be sold here.....since self defeating decisions are the norm in Wagoner's GM, watch this beauty join the Velite and Riviera and Sixteen and Cien and both Nomads and Imaj and LaCrosse as jaw droppers that never saw the showroom. But, being a perennial optimist by nature, I will HOPE that Wagoner and Lutz rediscover their cajones ( assuming they have not atrophied away due to lack of use) and make this silver stunner the C-7!

·
Registered
13,337 Posts

·
Registered
8,971 Posts

I think it's beautiful.

Not spectacular, but damn good. They could do a lot worse for the C7.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts

I really like the Design, but If Jalopnik is correct, it's mearly a design exercise, not a preview of a C7.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts

Yeah, thanks for sharing. You've got a great site over there. If I had more time I would spend a lot more time there.

BTW, when I don't like something at first and it grows on me I usually end up falling in love. When I love something at first I usually end up hating it. That thing is slowly growing on me. Scary.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

hey get rid of the word "exclusive" in your title and your all set. Seriously, NOT exclusive cuz autoblog and some others have it to. Whats exclusive, you guys found out first??

·
Registered
2,265 Posts

The C7 should be a mid engined, powerful and with super wide/grippy tires.

The most important thing at this stage would be the interior, the C6 has the worst supercar interior. Frankly the Corvette interior is a laughing stock.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts

The C7 should be a mid engined, powerful and with super wide/grippy tires.

The most important thing at this stage would be the interior, the C6 has the worst supercar interior. Frankly the Corvette interior is a laughing stock.
You have no idea what a Corvette is. Just because it can make a lot of supercars nervous doesn't make it a supercar. The MSRP of a 'Vette is twice the MSRP of a Camry. You want to sit in suede, carbon fiber, and aluminum, expect to pay a lot more than that. Further, a MR layout simply isn't necessary, the weight distribution is perfect as is.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

to me, a vette isn't a vette unless its RWD.

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
hopefully SOME design cues from this concept will make it on the next Corvette. This thing is wild... obviously too over the top for actual production but still awesome!

·
Banned
1,188 Posts
Gee, ya think they could actually, naaaahh. It would be five years from now and the final product would like a lowered Aztek based on a leftover mini-van chasis. They can't even get the Camaro on the showroom floor. Would be nice though. Maybe if GM goes bankrupt, another company can buy the rights to their designs.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Awesome looking car, I cant wait to see what the production C7 looks like, but I honestly love the clean lines of the C6 and not having the pop up headlights.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts