GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, we all just saw the Camaro with a bowtie from earlier -- but now we've got the first frontal shot of the "Corvette concept" we'd seen earlier from afar on set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. To top that off, we've also got close-ups of the "Bumblebee" car -- and we're now told it's a "Z28"! Holy cow!

Transformers Corvette Concept, "Z28" Bumblebee Get A Close-Up!

Ray

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Damn I love that silver "Corvette concept"! I really really hope that it IS a sneak peek at the next Vette vs. being a prop for the movie...if so, it looks like GM at last relocated their balls! When I was a kid and the 63 Stingray came out it challenged and thrilled people.....would be cool in my mid 50's to have a Corvette do that once again. I love those "intakes" on the sides of the grille that I am assuming would help cool the brakes and engine compartment. NOW I want to see the profile and rear views!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
That concept is crazy looking!! I think I really like it! It might need to be toned down just a bit tho.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
And I think that Bumblebee will actually be what we will see as an offering from Saleen! I would LOVE to see ROUSH tune the Camaro as well!!!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
That Concept should be the New ZR1 for Corvette and justify the price tag... being that the Concept looks more like an "Exotic"... I don't know... I'm just thinking over here...

The Camaro looks alright in my opinion... the hood is 'tight'... Love it...

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
I'm loving the Corvette concept. Its what the 6th gen should have looked like. I hope they go revolutionary and not evolutionary. I like the hoodscoop on the Camaro too, although the little driving lights with the black around them on the lower bumper look like crap. The pointed lower airdam looks cool though. They've gone retro 4th gen on that piece lol :)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
The Vette-like car looks amazing. Maybe one of you folks who's great at photoshop can tone it down a bit to make it look more production?

By the way, on the other site someone mentioned it looks mid-engine. With a hood that long, I don't think so.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't know.... I think I am getting to like the new Bumblebee!! The front clip was a little odd at first. The more I see it the more I like it. That is what we need in the Camaro lineup, a base that looks like a base, a Z28 that looks like a Z.....

As for Bumblebee being a Z28, looks more like an SS. But I would take it either way :)

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Damn I love that silver "Corvette concept"! I really really hope that it IS a sneak peek at the next Vette vs. being a prop for the movie...if so, it looks like GM at last relocated their balls! When I was a kid and the 63 Stingray came out it challenged and thrilled people.....would be cool in my mid 50's to have a Corvette do that once again. I love those "intakes" on the sides of the grille that I am assuming would help cool the brakes and engine compartment. NOW I want to see the profile and rear views!
absolutely stunning!!!! Profile and rear views and some decent image quality PLEASE!!!!!
This SCREAMS Stingray!!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts