GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '00 Blazer that is push Button 4wd. I want to change the Transfer Case Fluid. The only Fluid my manual say's is GM # 12378508 Transfer Case Fluid.

I read it is Light Blue in color, Is it the same as Dexron IV ATF? May there be something at the local auto parts store I can use, or do I have to go let the guy at my local GM Parts Counter pick my pockets? :brick

·
Registered
902 Posts
I have an '00 Blazer that is push Button 4wd. I want to change the Transfer Case Fluid. The only Fluid my manual say's is GM # 12378508 Transfer Case Fluid.

I read it is Light Blue in color, Is it the same as Dexron IV ATF? May there be something at the local auto parts store I can use, or do I have to go let the guy at my local GM Parts Counter pick my pockets? :brick
It should take Auto Trak 2 fluid.It is not that expensive.You need 3 0r 4 bottles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It should take Auto Trak 2 fluid.It is not that expensive.You need 3 0r 4 bottles.
Thanks. I read the part# I have is Auto Trak II fluid. I found a website that sell's it for about $7 a quart. About the same as most Synthetic ATF's. Hopefully my local Chevy dealer doesn't have an outrageous markup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts