GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is having the issues I am having with my one year old 2014 Silverado? Its the 5.3L LT version, 4x4. I have 11,000 miles on the truck in the first year and right off the lot I notice things wrong. The truck has a bad vibration going down the highway, while driving it between 45 and 55 mph. The tires are balanced. I noticed the truck blows black smoke every time I start it. Worse when its cold. Inside the cab the front drivers seat is total garbage. Its already starting to separate in the seams. Both the back seat belts will not retract, so they are constantly slammed in the door. The electronic dash always flickers randomly. They advertise free service for the first year, but when I went into get the 3 or 4 recalls done and the oil change the service department told me to drop the truck off for two weeks. Its my only car so I couldn't do that. I checked on another service department and they said at least 3 days wait for the first oil change. So I went down to the local jiffy lube and paid 118 dollars to get the oil change. Can I send GM a bill? I spent $38,000 dollars for this truck and its made in Mexico and seems to be complete garbage. I have always owned Chevrolet cars and trucks and am really sorry I sold my 1998 GMC. that truck had 147000 miles and ran like a top. Moral of my story is I'm going to sell this truck and kinda feel guilty passing this junker off to the next person. Its a sad day to say I'm going to maybe buy my foreign Tundra. But my co-worker bought one at the same time as I did and Loves it. Plus its pretty much made in Kentucky, well assembled at least. Anyone one wanna buy my truck?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Good luck selling it. Just out of curiosity, did you finance it? It always amazes me that someone can buy a vehicle and sell it the next year. You must be terribly upside-down.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone else is having the issues I am having with my one year old 2014 Silverado? Its the 5.3L LT version, 4x4. I have 11,000 miles on the truck in the first year and right off the lot I notice things wrong. The truck has a bad vibration going down the highway, while driving it between 45 and 55 mph. The tires are balanced. I noticed the truck blows black smoke every time I start it. Worse when its cold. Inside the cab the front drivers seat is total garbage. Its already starting to separate in the seams. Both the back seat belts will not retract, so they are constantly slammed in the door. The electronic dash always flickers randomly. They advertise free service for the first year, but when I went into get the 3 or 4 recalls done and the oil change the service department told me to drop the truck off for two weeks. Its my only car so I couldn't do that. I checked on another service department and they said at least 3 days wait for the first oil change. So I went down to the local jiffy lube and paid 118 dollars to get the oil change. Can I send GM a bill? I spent $38,000 dollars for this truck and its made in Mexico and seems to be complete garbage. I have always owned Chevrolet cars and trucks and am really sorry I sold my 1998 GMC. that truck had 147000 miles and ran like a top. Moral of my story is I'm going to sell this truck and kinda feel guilty passing this junker off to the next person. Its a sad day to say I'm going to maybe buy my foreign Tundra. But my co-worker bought one at the same time as I did and Loves it. Plus its pretty much made in Kentucky, well assembled at least. Anyone one wanna buy my truck?
Tundra is made right outside of San Antonio. You should raise hell with your dealership a hold them accountable

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
I know that Tundra is the best truck in the world. You will be happy with it.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
What dealership did you buy it from? Have you worked with GM Customer Assistance to start a case if you think you have a Lemon? How much are you willing to let it go for?

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Enjoy your toyota

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The truck has a bad vibration going down the highway, while driving it between 45 and 55 mph. The tires are balanced
It's a new truck. Tell them you want a vehicle to drive while they fix it. Tell them that this isn't acceptable.

They advertise free service for the first year, but when I went into get the 3 or 4 recalls done and the oil change the service department told me to drop the truck off for two weeks. Its my only car so I couldn't do that. I checked on another service department and they said at least 3 days wait for the first oil change. So I went down to the local jiffy lube and paid 118 dollars to get the oil change. Can I send GM a bill?
They advertise scheduled maintenance - but they don't say that you don't need an appointment. Depending on which recalls your truck has, it would tie up a rack for a number of hours. Did you try to schedule an appointment?

·
Registered
2014 Chevrolet Camaro
586 Posts
Demand a loaner vehicle while they have it in the shop. My dealer gives me a loaner without me even having to ask. They do this even with my truck I bought used. My dad has had 0 issues with his 14 silverado except 100 recalls. None of which took more than a day in the shop. He actually managed to get 8 recalls done in one day plus oil change and tire rotation all of which was free.

·
Banned
943 Posts
Never understood people who have to run out and buy the 1st year run on a new model and the are shocked when things aren't perfect. Or a better model drops in the 2nd year and now they're stuck with the "lesser" car.

Is it for the fleeting 15 mins of fame of having the latest and greatest?.

·
Registered
18,465 Posts
Have they tried to rebalance the driveshaft?

Also, the change oil light comes on with 10% life left. Unless you are driving a thousand miles a day you should have plenty of time to schedule your appointment to get it changed in a reasonable time.

·
Premium Member
6,311 Posts
There is an almost 300 PAGE thread, on a GM truck site, about the vibration problems with the Kxxx trucks. This is obviously a huge issue.

This will be why so many of these posts have shown up. Not some juvenile need for attention. People paid big bucks for a truck and it is driving them crazy.

·
Registered
21,344 Posts
This isn't a serious thread. This guy is obviously a troll. Hasn't anyone noticed a trend of threads where people are discussing junk silverados or ATS'?
Because? This is the first time we've heard about a K2XX with a vibration issue? :think:

As Extereme states;

There is an almost 300 PAGE thread, on a GM truck site, about the vibration problems with the K2XX trucks. This is obviously a huge issue.

This will be why so many of these posts have shown up. Not some juvenile need for attention. People paid big bucks for a truck and it is driving them crazy.
The ATS's, who hasn't had problems with theirs? Rivieraranch’s has been in the shop for 2 months with a blown motor and about to be bought back, patrickbec had a couple multi-repair attempt, problems, that had him near the end of his rope, before finally getting fixed right, Envoy is on his 2nd car after the first one was such a POS the first one was bought back, nsap’s…….. well yeah that been nothing but a cluster, even though he has hardly drove it that much in the 2 years he’s owned it; problems that go all the way back to pre-delivery, BlackGTP’s has been pretty good, never mind the armature re-work/re-paint somewhere along the line, prior to the ever being sold, I sure that gives him a real "warm-and-fuzzy, and then there is JFRAY23 who’s only had his for 3 weeks, but its already got an escaladed case started..................

Reactions: Envoy4Life

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
The ATS's, who hasn't had problems with theirs? Rivieraranch’s has been in the shop for 2 months with a blown motor and about to be bought back, patrickbec had a couple multi-repair attempt, problems, that had him near the end of his rope, before finally getting fixed right, Envoy is on his 2nd car after the first one was such a POS the first one was bought back, nsap’s…….. well yeah that been nothing but a cluster, even though he has hardly drove it that much in the 2 years he’s owned it; problems that go all the way back to pre-delivery, BlackGTP’s has been pretty good, never mind the armature re-work/re-paint somewhere along the line, prior to the ever being sold, I sure that gives him a real "warm-and-fuzzy, and then there is JFRAY23 who’s only had his for 3 weeks, but its already got an escaladed case started..................
Someone's had a few, lol.

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
Haha.:lmao: In a sad, chronic-problem sort of way. :fall:

This is textbook "How to lose friends and alienate cohorts." Zouds, just zouds.

There is an almost 300 PAGE thread, on a GM truck site, about the vibration problems with the Kxxx trucks. This is obviously a huge issue.

Because? This is the first time we've heard about a K2XX with a vibration issue? :think:

As Extereme states;

Escaladed. LOL. I sore that. :cool:

Reactions: Envoy4Life

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Bingo. But, it just goes to prove that new cars tend to have major problems in their first (or second) model years I guess.

I also noticed "Escaladed". Nice. :D

1 - 20 of 46 Posts