GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I agree. Toyota is on a roll and they will be on a roll for many, many years to come. I don't think even GM can stop them now.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro@Feb 13 2004, 01:51 AM
If Buick can steal sales of the RX330 with the Rendezvous (believe it or not, it is #2 behind the RX)...
Ugh, the Rendezvous sells that good!?! :lol: I doubt that the Rendezvous could ever match the RX's sales, especially with the upcoming RX400h. I've had a lot of coworkers telling me how their Lexus dealer tells them that their is a more fuel-efficient RX coming out next year. One thing I hate that Buick did for their "rennaisance" is that they set Lexus as their standard. Come on!!! Who really associates a Buick with a Lexus anyways? Most people consider Lexuses for rich people and Buicks, well, for old people.

Also, I don't understand why everyone cares so much about how Toyota cars look. It's not that big of a deal. Sure they are bland, but they are quiet, reliable, durable, and loaded with features most of the time. Some people critisize the Corolla for being too bland and not appealing to the youth market, along with the Civic. I don't think most 18-year olds care too much about how the car looks when they buy it. They just want a reliable car with a lot of features for their money. Plus, that's what import tuning is for!!! LOL. Also, are people in the midsize segment really looking for something that looks good?? As long as it looks OK, people will buy it. Saying that Toyota is bland and GM is better in styling is highly overrated. Can anyone say Malibu, Aztek, or Rendezvous?? Toyota is bland and GM is only slightly better in the styling department. Styling shouldn't be everyone's priority in buying a car around 25K...your priority should be features, EPA mileage, safety, and room/comfort.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by mgescuro+Feb 15 2004, 06:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mgescuro @ Feb 15 2004, 06:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RCtennis3811@Feb 13 2004, 11:41 PM

Ugh, the Rendezvous sells that good!?!  :lol:  I doubt that the Rendezvous could ever match the RX's sales, especially with the upcoming RX400h.  I've had a lot of coworkers telling me how their Lexus dealer tells them that their is a more fuel-efficient RX coming out next year.  One thing I hate that Buick did for their "rennaisance" is that they set Lexus as their standard.  Come on!!!  Who really associates a Buick with a Lexus anyways?  Most people consider Lexuses for rich people and Buicks, well, for old people.
Better believe it. Rendezvous increased sales again this year 19%. Rendezvous surpassed MDX as #2 back in 2002 or so and was closing in on the RX. Not sure what the numbers are now after 2003, but seeing as Buick had a 19% increase, I'm sure it's still #2.

Fuel efficient or not, I think the RX is as ugly as teh Aztek. It is horrible. I don't know what they were thinking when they design the rear of it. [/b][/quote]
Wow, you really think an RX looks as bad as a Rendezvous?? The only "ugly" side is the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.