·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Volkswagen sold 10.14M.
World Car Fans
January 21, 2015
By: Adrian Padeanu

Toyota has managed to keep the sales crown last year after delivering an impressive 10.23 million cars.

Compared to 2013, sales of Toyota (including Daihatsu and Hino) increased by three percent to 10.23 million vehicles, thus hitting the 10 million mark for the first time. However, they are estimating a one percent decrease in deliveries in 2015 to 10.15 million cars due to an expected slower demand at home in Japan as well as in emerging markets.

In second place in 2014 came the Volkswagen Group which also hit the 10 million milestone for the first time by shipping a total of 10.14 million vehicles, representing a 4.2 percent hike. Analysts are now estimating 2015 could be the year when Volkswagen will steal the lead from Toyota as the Germans haven't said anything (yet) about a decrease in sales.

As far as General Motors is concerned, they took third place with a 2 percent increase in deliveries to 9.92 million units. It should be mentioned GM held the title for the biggest car manufacturer for almost eight decades until 2008 when Toyota took the spotlight and kept the crown until 2010. A year later, GM grabbed first place but Toyota snatched the sales crown in 2012 and are holding tight to it since then.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Fortunately for PR statistics, GM can include it's light trucks in the sales figures for "cars", otherwise it would be considerably lower in world ranking.
Lol this guy is gold. Fake Gold, but gold. :fall:

·
Banned
6,540 Posts
The world's largest seller of underwhelming and half-baked examples of rolling road rabies.

Who cares about China? They love their Buicks - that is the only reason there ever was a GM bailout - saving those Chinese jobs at the expense of the US Taxpayers.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Who the hell is buying all these crappy Volkswagens?

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Lol this guy is gold. Fake Gold, but gold. :fall:
I'm convinced he's a troll. I seriously see no reason for him to be here otherwise.

He doesn't seem to care about or have any interest in any GM products, and all he does is put the company and its product down in a totally unproductive way.

After what the **** did to the Chinese in the 1930's I don't blame them a bit...
I like how **** is censored but somehow we manage to slip "****sucker" under the radar.

My sister and her husband. Two Passats, one a TDI they got last month.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The Japanese and Chinese have a history of not being fond of each other, putting it lightly.
Although it's interesting that from a purely anecdotal view most neighbors and coworkers I know of Chinese ancestry own Toyotas and Lexus. So it would seem that once in the US their view changes.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I could see why VW had its fans in the late 90s and 00s, when they had class leading interiors and a very euro handling feel compared to the Japanese appliances. Granted they were the pits for reliability. However since they've de-contented and vanilla'd-up their designs, basically trying to out-Toyota Toyota, I don't see the appeal. The Passat and Jetta keep winning magazine awards though.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
My former neighbours. They have a Routan minivan and a Tourag. They were schocked when I told them their VW minivan was a Chrysler in drag. Its been an absolute nightmare with mechanical and electrical issues. The worst possible reliability combination: VW and Chrysler!!-

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
I can't believe Toyota is number one after all the uglification of all of their cars, Lexus included! And VW is just boring to me. GM is going to really have to step up their game if they want to grow again!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts