GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota is unlikely to meet 2008 sales target: Exec
Thursday March 20, 1:30 am ET

SEOUL (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (Tokyo:7203.T - News) is unlikely to meet its global sales target of 9.85 million units this year due to slowing sales in major markets amid the yen's strengthening, an executive vice president said on Thursday.

"Frankly speaking, sales in the U.S., Europe and Japan are showing signs of slowdown. It will be difficult to meet the group's sales target of 9.85 million, although emerging markets such as China and Russia are active," Uranishi Tokuichi, executive vice president of Toyota, told reporters in Seoul.

More here: http://biz.yahoo.com/rb/080320/toyota_sales_target.html?.v=1

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Ah come on... you Americans can rally and keep Toyota on track for another record year! How many of you don't yet have a Camry? Trade your old ratty American pickup for a shiny new Tundra! Buy the kids a Corolla! Come on people, DO IT!

·
Registered
641 Posts
You mean I should have done my part and bought a Camry and CrewMax instead of an Aura and Avalanche. I deeply apologize to the Toyota master.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Ah come on... you Americans can rally and keep Toyota on track for another record year! How many of you don't yet have a Camry? Trade your old ratty American pickup for a shiny new Tundra! Buy the kids a Corolla! Come on people, DO IT!
*sigh* those corollas are so dreamy!

dreamy like a fox.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
i think all car makers around the world will struggle to meet their 2008 sales targets.
I'm not even sure which company would be most immune either. If I were to wager a guess.... Honda and BMW.
Well here's what's doubly concerning about this statement. Everyone in auto planning knew last year ( or at least strongly suspected ) that 2008 would be a downer. Most set their forecasts based on flat or down sales.

They aren't even going to meet these reduced goals....and that's everyone.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tundrakiller, exactly how does someone go about killing a Tundra? Keying? Smashing the windows? Leaving "shouldn't have bought an import" note on the windshield or slashing the tires?
Sitting on the tail-gate with a buddy (more than the two-hundred pound rating for the tail-gate). Hanging a Toyota-approved accessory bumper from the front end (front-end cracking issues). Shifting it into drive and decelerating from speed (transmission issues). Just driving it around town (camshaft issues). There's a bunch of ways right there.

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Sitting on the tail-gate with a buddy (more than the two-hundred pound rating for the tail-gate). Hanging a Toyota-approved accessory bumper from the front end (front-end cracking issues). Shifting it into drive and decelerating from speed (transmission issues). Just driving it around town (camshaft issues). There's a bunch of ways right there.
How widespread are these problems actually?

·
Registered
672 Posts
How widespread are these problems actually?
Widespread enough to accentuate the fact that Toyota is not immune to quality issues. They are such overrated and over-glorified vehicles and such problems prove they are not perfect.

·
Banned
5,521 Posts
Tundrakiller, exactly how does someone go about killing a Tundra? Keying? Smashing the windows? Leaving "shouldn't have bought an import" note on the windshield or slashing the tires?

Nope, simply compare the build quality, available features and value to a GMT900.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Burning rag in the fuel filler recepticle always does the trick for me...

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Widespread enough to accentuate the fact that Toyota is not immune to quality issues. They are such overrated and over-glorified vehicles and such problems prove they are not perfect.
gee I don't ever recall anyone claiming that toyotas are perfect?

·
Registered
885 Posts
nope, none of those guys ever claimed toyota to be perfect.
Believe what you want. Maybe they never made the claim in so many words such as "Toyota is perfect", but the implied meaning has always been there.

"Buy a reliable, efficient, American made:" Corolla, Camry, Tundra, Tacoma...any way you slice it...it's been touted their reliable, efficient and American made...in other words, the 'perfect' choice for every consumer.

So, maybe you don't want to read between the lines, but that's what's been implied. And I really don't feel like going off on a tangent regarding the Empire's perfection.

Happy Easter to all!!! (edited my prev comment - just Happy Easter...thought it would be more appropriate)

·
Premium Member
12,557 Posts
Believe what you want. Maybe they never made the claim in so many words such as "Toyota is perfect", but the implied meaning has always been there.

"Buy a reliable, efficient, American made:" Corolla, Camry, Tundra, Tacoma...any way you slice it...it's been touted their reliable, efficient and American made...in other words, the 'perfect' choice for every consumer.

So, maybe you don't want to read between the lines, but that's what's been implied. And I really don't feel like going off on a tangent regarding the Empire's perfection.

Happy Easter to all!!! (except those who don't celebrate and may be offended by my greeting, in that case ignore it, if you somehow cannot, then too damned bad as this is America...)
well at least in the past (where you are getting these claims from) those toyotas have been the "perfect" appliance car for the average american. lol the cavalier certainly wasn't.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts