GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
How many races has toyota won? One.
How many races has EVERYONE ELSE won? A LOT more.
I wouldn't get to worked up over this. Sure, they won this race, and the Gibbs team has been strong all year..but also look at it this way:

-Dodge has the Daytona 500 this year...in fact, first and second in the biggest race of the year

-Ford won the last 2 races, and had the best car today before mechanical problems

-Earnhadt Junior in a Chevy has been a top 5 car in 3 of the 4 races so far this year.

-Jeff Gordon in a Chevy had a top 3 chevy in Daytona, won a poll and top 5 in Atlanta, and at times had the dominant car and car to beat in the other 2 races.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
It was another dark, gloomy day for NASCAR. I would've been happier to see Busch's car hailed with beer cans after the race. There seemed to be fewer spectators in the stands, but a better show of disappointment would have made me proud.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
It was another dark, gloomy day for NASCAR. I would've been happier to see Busch's car hailed with beer cans after the race. There seemed to be fewer spectators in the stands, but a better show of disappointment would have made me proud.
Perhaps if the popularity of the sport continues to decline, the Big 3 will get the message, and pull out of the Series.

It is stunning how so many that howled with outrage when the Giant announced its plans to buy a Cup now have no problem supporting the Giant in his quest.

I believe the word is "hipocracy".

·
Registered
885 Posts
NASCAR now officially blows.

First, they change to the Chase format which has robbed Jeff of 2 championships in 6 years. Second, they messed w/ the restrictor plate racing which forced cars to run together at Daytona, possibly costing senior his life. Third, they've allowed Toyota to come in and run races w/o their own engine, as they've been using Dodge blocks from the get-go since they didn't have anything of their own. Fourth, they now use "Car of Tomorrow" and will eventually use a 'common engine'.

I told my wife, after the first Toyota win in the main cup series, I officially withdraw support from watching every race (like we used to).

Put a fork in me, I'm done...

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Toyota was going to win this year, they got Joe Gibbs racing which is one of the top shops in NASCAR. This is no big deal, the teams/drivers are far more important than the engines. As long as Chevy has a few good teams like DEI and Hendrick, they will be just fine and always in contention.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Can someone in the know explain to me the difference between a Camry stock car and a Charger or Impala stock car?

Are the engines different?

Who's up for seeing real Montes, G8s, Camrys, and Chargers on the race track for 500 laps? I sure am. Hell, I'd like to see the Craftsman truck series with the Tundra, Silverado, and Ram.

·
Banned
22,466 Posts
Perhaps if the popularity of the sport continues to decline, the Big 3 will get the message, and pull out of the Series.

It is stunning how so many that howled with outrage when the Giant announced its plans to buy a Cup now have no problem supporting the Giant in his quest.

I believe the word is "hipocracy".

I was thinking the decline is because of Toyota, "good ole' boyz" don't drive rice-burners ............

If the Big 3 pull out, then NASCAR will die, or they'll all continue to root for their drivers in a Honda, Nissan or Toyota.

JGR has always done well at this track, the car is the same, chassis, suspension, set-up, Toyota engineers got the power out of the engine this year, Kyle drives like a nut, and wins or crashes trying .... (MOVE OVER DALE JARRET) yikes, that was close!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.