GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/08/12/toyota-voices-its-support-for-success-of-detroit-3/

According to Steve St. Angelo, a VP at Toyota North America, a healthy Detroit 3 is good for Toyota. While that may sound a bit odd or even patronizing, St. Angelo notes that the U.S. supplier base is working for both the Americans and Japanese. If one of their big clients like GM or Ford is in trouble, the effect to the supplier will in turn affect Toyota. What's more, the U.S. economy is closely tied in with the success of the automakers in Detroit and a depressed economy can only serve to hurt Toyota's U.S. sales numbers, a fact that is surely apparent when you glance at our By The Numbers posts over the past few months.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I think that Toyota cares because they would have nobody else to compete with except other asian carmakers.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Be real. If one of the Big 3 go out some politicians will start to ask embarassing questions about the Asian Central Bank's manipulation of the yen to help destroy our manufacturing base. If anything their PR consultants deserve an A+ for enabling this to happen up until now with little notice from the American public.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
I don't like Toyota either. I consider them to be one of the few(imo) evil corporations. Wal-Mart is another.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Toyota is very weird. They tried taking the "nice guy" approach a few years ago when GM was really starting to struggle with sales. Toyota "graciously" raised their prices so American consumers would consider buying GM's products because of the better value. I am not making this up.

I for one don't hate them, I point out things I like and don't like....same as GM. If my old Camry was garbage, I'd probably hate Toyota. lol

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
*whispers* Hey Eurohazard, your Camry was garbage!:p:

GO SEAHAWKS this NFL season. Also GO Vikings! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts