GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With rumors flying that Pontiac will have a SUV named Torrent, I think that can be found true...

Word Mark TORRENT
Goods and Services IC 012. US 019 021 023 031 035 044. G & S: Motor land vehicles, namely automobiles, sport utility vehicles, trucks, vans, engines therefor and structural parts thereof
Mark Drawing Code (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number 78320153
Filing Date October 29, 2003
Current Filing Basis 1B
Original Filing Basis 1B
Owner (APPLICANT) General Motors Corporation CORPORATION DELAWARE 300 Renaissance Center P.O. Box 300 Detroit MICHIGAN 482653000
Attorney of Record Charles H. Ellerbrock
Type of Mark TRADEMARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by PontiacJ8@Jan 19 2004, 10:23 PM
Where'd they get that name from :huh: ?? VW?
That would not be good, people confusing the name Torrent for Tourag :( "Buy the all-new Torrent... and people drive to their VW dealership :huh:

Woopsie, I don't think it'll work well...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Will this SUV be a rebadged GM vehicle not a Pontiac like a TrailBlazer or something or will it be different??

I hope it's nice

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by babershah@Jan 31 2004, 06:17 PM
Will this SUV be a rebadged GM vehicle not a Pontiac like a TrailBlazer or something or will it be different??

I hope it's nice
The Torrent will be the Aztec replacement. Not sure which platform it will be based off of though. I think it will be based off of the Theta platform (VUE & Equinox). However it is possible that it may be a larger SUV and will be based off of the Mid-Size FWD/AWD platform dubbed Lambda which will underpin future mid-size crossovers and sport vans. Either way, Lutz is on the case, so there won't be any "Re-Badging" im sure of that... and I am sure our Lambda expert Hudson can confirm this as well....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by Josh O@Feb 1 2004, 12:48 AM
Aztek replecement.

Old old news.
It can't be that old, the vehicle is not even out yet! :lol:

Ya, I have heard about the Torrent name on other sites, but after reading this, it sounds confirmed :)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE@Jan 31 2004, 08:49 PM

Lutz is on the case, so there won't be any "Re-Badging" im sure of that... and I am sure our Lambda expert Hudson can confirm this as well....
U thinks so??..I hope so. Was Lutz around when the Intrepid/Concorde/300M (last and current gens) were around??. Talk about rebadging!, and I don't think I heard any negative press towards them regarding that. I thought 2 myself everytime seeing a Concorde and 300M what the hell is the difference.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by casket_demon@Feb 1 2004, 01:13 AM

Lutz is on the case, so there won't be any "Re-Badging" im sure of that... and I am sure our Lambda expert Hudson can confirm this as well....
U thinks so??..I hope so. Was Lutz around when the Intrepid/Concorde/300M (last and current gens) were around??. Talk about rebadging!, and I don't think I heard any negative press towards them regarding that. I thought 2 myself everytime seeing a Concorde and 300M what the hell is the difference.
The 300M was a lot nicer than Concorde, Concorde was the ugliest Chrysler ever!! Maybe all together one of the UGLIEST American cars, behind Chevrolet Beretta :(

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Hmmm - Pontiac marketing geniuses should make up their minds. What happened to the alphabet soup naming scheme?

Is Pontiac sticking with names or going with G6, SV6, etc?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The torrent will on a legnthend VUE platform, and will be a 2006/7 model. Don't know too much more about it than that, other than who is the GM Vehicle line director in charge of the project. If I remember correctly the torrent will be similar to a Suzuki SUV the VLD is working on at the same time.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
better be fast if its from pontiac... real fast. No honda motor in this one, better see some 3.9 action.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts