3- Dodge Ram (3) 42,322
4- GMC Sierra (4) 40,606
5- Chevrolet Silverado (5) 40,066
6- Ford Escape (6) 31,643
7- Ford Ranger (10) 23,386
8- Honda CR-V (9) 20,980
9- Pontiac Montana SV6 (8) 19,169
10- Chevrolet Uplander (7) 18,999

http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/guides_and_advice/article.aspx?cp-documentid=6304952

GM vans still in the top ten

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Re: Top TEn Selling Trucks in Canada 2007

Interesting...when was the last time a top ten list has appeared with virtually no non-US makes on it? I can't remember. Even more shocking NO TOYOTA! :eek:

·
Registered
181 Posts

Interesting...when was the last time a top ten list has appeared with virtually no non-US makes on it? I can't remember. Even more shocking NO TOYOTA! :eek:
Toyota hasn't had the kind of uptake in Canada that it has in the U.S., but their sales are rising here too like in other countries.

·
Registered
441 Posts

Maybe because Canadians aren't red necks, and buy what looks best. Not whatever has the Chevy badge.
Easy there tiger.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

80,600 to 73,600... not that big of a gap...
It's the gauge used to measure if the GMC was gone if Silverado's would outsell the Ford. It's no different than when ford Combined Mercury trucks to beat out the Chevy trucks back in the day. GM just never played the same game.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts

Should count the GMC and Chevy together... since they are the same truck.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Maybe because Canadians aren't red necks, and buy what looks best. Not whatever has the Chevy badge.

nice ******* bashing!! Just cause your a ******* doesn't mean you don't look for quality. We just look to take care of the US workers,dealers,sales and service.

·
Registered
956 Posts

No surprise from this Canadian.
Silverado has very American styling which is not that appealing up here. The only thing that prevents GMC from running away is price.
I never really thought of the Silverado as American styling, its just different than the Sierra and does not appeal to me. As for prices, the Sierra is comparable to the Silverado and anything else for sale up here truck wise AFAIK.

Be 1 year with my 07 in a week, truck has been flawless.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts

In Canada GMC has always been twinned with Pontiac Buick. Chevy trucks,of course, are sold at Chevy stores. My guess is that there are an equal number of each franchise in Canada, thus the reason for the close figures. It is also not unusual to buy a similarly equipped GMC for less than a Chevy.It depends on the dealer.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

9- Pontiac Montana SV6 (8) 19,169
10- Chevrolet Uplander (7) 18,999
Hahaha, oh boy...I guess heavy discounting keeps these vans selling well seeing as how much more expensive Canadian vehicles are.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

It continues to amaze me how well the Ranger continues to sell, considering it is nearly 20 years old (and the platform is ancient!).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.