·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Chevrolet Camaro
Top Speed
by Mark McNabb

Speculation is continuing to grow around the upcoming 2016 Chevrolet Camaro as more spy shots roll in. Confirmed details at this point are basically nonexistent, but we do know the upcoming Camaro will have a more evolutionary update versus a more extensive redesign. Now let’s add some fuel to the speculation fire with our new, highly detailed rendering.

"The difference between the existing and redesigned (Camaro) is not drastically different,” an industry insider who’s seen the new car told Edmunds. “It looks like a worked-over current-model Camaro. It is on a different platform, so that is a significant difference, but when they modified it to be on a different platform, the styling did not change that much."

We still expect to see obvious changes to the Camaro’s existing design, both inside and out. It’s highly likely Chevy will pour money into the cabin in an effort to surpass the new Mustang’s rather luxurious appointments. What’s more, Chevy may decide to offer a forced-induction four-cylinder in response to the Mustang’s 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine. Seems convenient the ATS and CTS have a 2.0-liter, turbo, I-4 mill to loan out.

*Full Article w/Renders at Link

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really hope this render is way off, I'm seeing way too much Toyota Corolla in the front.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The rendering is just a modified nose on a 2014 Camaro. The spy shots of the uncovered 6th Gen's seem to show quite a bit more body definition than just different nose and tail. Not to mention I think the Alpha dimensions will change the overall look and stance.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
The rendering is just a modified nose on a 2014 Camaro. The spy shots of the uncovered 6th Gen's seem to show quite a bit more body definition than just different nose and tail. Not to mention I think the Alpha dimensions will change the overall look and stance.
Yes to the first part. and not likely to the second.

Getting my popcorn ready for Detroit (or Chicago).

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
I really hope this render is way off, I'm seeing way too much in the front.

This morning a Corolla went buy me and I'm thinking " I'll bet when the Gen VI Camaro is released people will scream how much it looks like the Toyota". Was going to post those thoughts in another Camaro thread this morning but got sidetracked. If you find a picture of the latest Bumble Bee from the Transformers movies (Which I was looking at about thirty minutes before seeing the Toyota) it looks even closer to the Corolla!

·
Registered
668 Posts
I was disappointed that the "new" mustang look 85% like the last gen version. If this render is close, than I'll be let down that GM is doing the same with the Camaro.

I'm not saying you have to make a car that shows no likeness to the previous gen at all, but I'd like to see a lot more of a change than what we got with the Mustang.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I was disappointed that the "new" mustang look 85% like the last gen version. If this render is close, than I'll be let down that GM is doing the same with the Camaro.

I'm not saying you have to make a car that shows no likeness to the previous gen at all, but I'd like to see a lot more of a change than what we got with the Mustang.
As much as I like the current Camaro (especially the 2014-2015 model year ones) I also would like to see a more dramatic change to the design.

What I like about the new Ford is the car looks lower, wider, and sleeker.... that is where I feel Ford went right on the new Mustang.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
19,629 Posts
looks good to me, though I do hope it looks different enough when we see the real thing. I certainly hope GM doesn't loose it's styling mojo and go down Ford's path of doing new cars that look similar to the last generation.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
That car is horrible

1 - 20 of 52 Posts