GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Pickup trucks took the Detroit Auto Show by storm this year, with plenty of surprise debuts.

From heavy hauling diesel power to lightweight compact pickups, Motown hosted debuts for just about every classification of truck at this year’s show. So which one of these new pieces of hardware caught our eye?

Read on to find out.
For more on this story, Top 5 Trucks of the 2015 Detroit Auto Show please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
The Santa Cruz is #2? I know the show was pretty sparse this year, but some flash-in-the-pan Hyundai concept doesn't deserve 2nd place.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Only the Raptor belongs on this list. Maybe the Ram. Hyundai Santa Cruz? Were there only 5 trucks at the show?
Agreed, and as much as I hate to admit it, I'm no Ford fan, but that Raptor is really kick-a$$.

If it weren't for their insistence on forcing every Ford driver to have an ecoboost engine, it would be an even better truck!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Whether you like Ford or not they know trucks and how to design them. When Nissan spends so much time raiding the previous gen F-150 parts bin creating a knockoff it says quite a bit. The Ram truck was kind of interesting although the design comes across as being busy or trying too hard. The Hyundai all I'm thinking is what the hell is that a Korean Honda Ridgeline but smaller, it makes me want to barf. Saving the best for last the Raptor looks pretty compelling but what would you expect from Ford. On another topic I still like the GMC All Terrain and the Ram trucks in the design department. The 2015 F-150 takes the cake for technology compiled in a truck, but the design is a personal thing, I like it as well but not as much as the other two.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts