GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still can't grasp how the Altima manages, year after year, to be near the tops of the chart. I certainly don't hate it, but I just don't see it in the top 10. That said, the popularity of the Sentra baffles me even more...
Both do pretty well on paper, but yeah, they certainly wouldn't be my picks either. Tellingly, the Sentra in particular has among the lowest owner satisfaction scores of any new car in a Consumer Reports survey.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I still can't grasp how the Altima manages, year after year, to be near the tops of the chart. I certainly don't hate it, but I just don't see it in the top 10. That said, the popularity of the Sentra baffles me even more...
Clearly it is the 'Win on Sunday, sell on Monday' effect of V8Supercars ...:clap:

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
My father bought one new last year got it fully loaded with every feature black on black

Pros:
Quiet
Plenty of Power
Fuel Economy
Smooth ride

Cons:
HUGE turning circle
Handling that leaves a lot to be desired
Very boring interior
Damn CVT (That is is more opinion but I can't stand CVTs)

This is their 3rd Altima they have a 2009 Hybrid and they had a 2006. By far the newest one is the best one the 06 was just bad overall and all of them have that massive turning circle. The 2014 is not a bad car but it is no where near the top of my list for mid size sedans more like mid pack.

Reactions: paul8488

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
The Altima has somewhat youthful styling, a Japanese badge, and strong incentives.

I personally hate it.
I own a 2006 Altima that was given to me upon the death of my father. Nearly 300,000 kilometers on it. Reliability never gets old. I would list what went wrong with my last two GM vehicles but it's 9 AM and it would make me miss lunch.

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
the Nissans offer a LOT for there dollar and DO NOT look cheap + handling and driving dynamics are good when the comparator is the Toyota Camry
the Prius "FAMILY" out sold the Malibu I point that out for those comments about the NEW VOLT that looks a lot like a "NORMAL" sedan unlike the current Volt that is clearly "A" NOT a NORMAL car and "B" Prius like in basic shape

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.