GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Each year, Consumer Reports conducts its Reliability Survey in order to determine which vehicles presented the most problems fresh off the assembly line.

In this year’s study, the publication found that consumers complained the most about infotainment systems and associated electronics, as more and more vehicles adopt advanced systems that are supposed to make their owners’ lives easier. Instead, many of them are simply causing headaches.

AutoGuide.com has compiled the Top 10 Least Reliable Cars based on this year’s study, picking the worst from each segment.
To read all about this story, Top 10 Least Reliable Cars of 2014 and to see if you vehicle made it on this list of shame please visit AutoGuide.com.

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
^^ et tu Mopar. And glad to see Fix It Again Tony has made an "A" list.

·
Registered
9,571 Posts
No love for Chrysler from Consumer Reports!

I just wish that they wouldn't weigh infotainment systems in the overall rating, or break that out somehow....but I guess if they did that, they wouldn't have anything sensationalize.
to do that IMHO would be like separating the engine from the rest of the car
the infotainment system is part of the car and when it breaks the car goes in for repairs

with todays reliability I would assume the "worst" is NOT bad compared to 10 years ago BEST

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
to do that IMHO would be like separating the engine from the rest of the car
the infotainment system is part of the car and when it breaks the car goes in for repairs

with todays reliability I would assume the "worst" is NOT bad compared to 10 years ago BEST
I'd like to see a survey that excludes infotainment.

Why? Because a farked stereo usually doesn't leave you stranded. When people consider the notion of reliability, they think of the ability to rely on a vehicle as a means of conveyance.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I'd like to see a survey that excludes infotainment.

Why? Because a farked stereo usually doesn't leave you stranded. When people consider the notion of reliability, they think of the ability to rely on a vehicle as a means of conveyance.
This is 2014...new cars generally don't leave people stranded anymore.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
I wonder why Consumer Reports' rankings are so dramatically different than JD Powers' ranking? Chrysler took a beating in Consumer Reports, but were above average in JD Powers' IQS. So what gives?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Always knew Fiat/Mopar were gonna do well at this awards ceremony, soon as l read the title.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
That's good. No GM cars
Consumer Reports ranked GM as the most reliable of the three domestic manufacturers for 2014, IIRC.

Reactions: EJD1984

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,625 Posts
Nissan seems to be well represented.
I am surprised at this. My cousin swears by Nissan, has bought them for 20+ years. Currently have a 2010 Murano, 160k+ miles, no problems at all.

I think some automakers once they reach a good consumer/engineering level, they tend to get complacent, then quality and reliability starts to fall rapidly.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Are these A**holes really equating reliability with funky hard to use infotainment systems ? reliability to me is will it start when I turn the key and go when I put it in gear .

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Are these A**holes really equating reliability with funky hard to use infotainment systems ? reliability to me is will it start when I turn the key and go when I put it in gear .
It runs a bit more deep than the infotainment system in at Fiat/Mopar.

Reliability problems are not holding MOPAR back, sales were up +22% last month

·
Registered
5,366 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just another top 10 list without a GM product on it... Wait, top 10 LEAST reliable??? really??? Sweet, maybe things are different 'this time'.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
MB is hurt by the piece of crap CLA, and the "incredible" S Class is problematic enough to further drag down the brand. 5th worst in this article, 3rd worst by Consumer Reports!
You gotta love that incredible german engineering, they make an amazing badge, just don't look past it!
MB needs to thank its lucky tri-stars that image and luxury buyers buy the badge irrespective of the quality of the cars!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts