GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
How many cars total sell in Canada each year ? In Australia we cracked 1,000,000 for the first time in 2007.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts

;)

Not sure... I know someone mentioned it in a thread a while back... and what I thought was cool was that when I divided the population by the number of cars sold, both countries were exactly 16%... a simplified but interesting comparison between the percentage of the population that bought vehicles in 2007. I'll try and dig that thread up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How many cars total sell in Canada each year ? In Australia we cracked 1,000,000 for the first time in 2007.
2007 - 1,653,400 vehicles

Jan/Feb. 08 sales are up 15% over last year

roughly 50/50 split for car/truck

current pecking order
1. GM
2. Chrysler
3. Ford
4. Toyota
5. Honda

Honda is catching up fast on Toyota, YTD sales - Honda - 21,166 and Toyota 22,429

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
That's pretty sad. Go G5!
What if you include trucks?
What's so sad about it?

Gas is over $4 a gallon in Canada, so it's no wonder that the fuel sipping Civic leads the pack.

GM has always done pretty well in this market, so it's no surprise that the Cobalt/G5 sell in high numbers, even with the slightly poorer fuel economy.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I'm very surprised by the delta twins selling so many!This should bode well for the re-design that's comeing if these still sell so well.
Imagine how many they would sell if they had a better interior, standard ABS and better mileage.

I think the 0% for 72 months is partialally driving demand.

·
Registered
131 Posts
In reality you could pretty much lump the G5 and Cobalt together and take second place.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Imagine how many they would sell if they had a better interior, standard ABS and better mileage.

I think the 0% for 72 months is partialally driving demand.
it wasn't 0 for 72 months all last year, i bought my g5 in june and the rate gm was giving was 2.4% for 60 months, 72 wasn't even an option for me (tho i wouldn't do a car loan for than long none the less

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.