GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great show!

Prius, E85, the trouble with ethanol and biomass. Hydrogen power/Fuel cells, Plug-In Hybrids and...

Chevrolet Volt. In a VERY good light. There was doubt expressed at its readiness for market (as most of US have had) but a realistic take on GM's Car of the Future.

This one goes into the DVD collection, so I can look at my Volt out the window while giggling at what they were saying in 2008.

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I live close to where you live Marinerbc, (explains why you're in my basement :D) so I'll be watching it at 8 tonight!
Ya..um, about that. Can ya throw me down some long underwear? You guys have all the heating ducts going up there. Freakin' cold and damp down here.

And I'm glad you got that reference to my geographical location, by the way. :D

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would have chosen other than Click n Clack as the Chief Investigating Officers.
Unless you enjoy watching a couple of 8-year-olds in 60-year-old bodies.
I don't listen to them much, because here in Puckheadsville we have our own government propaganda lackey network that does this sort of thing (CBC).

I'd have to agree with you, and take the propagandists over these two (HA HA HA!)

That can get to you after a while.

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Was that NAIAS 2008? It looked like 2007. Some of the info ont he Volt is pretty old actually, isn't it?
To us, absolutely. But the people that know I am a GM supporter have all of a sudden started asking a LOT of questions about Volt.

It's like the idea of Volt is only now becoming mainstream. At least, around here.

Then they ask about Camaro. Every time. What does THAT say? :D

· Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think the Press, be it print, Radio, TV, web, whatever, still has a "Show me!" attitude when it comes to General Motors Corporation of Flint, Michigan. While I partly blame GM and partly blame a media bias, there is no doubt in my mind that had Honda announced Volt for 2010, Click and Clack would have taken that as carved in stone, from what I have heard from them on Public Radio.

So I as a GM supporter, am now happy (well, somewhat) that they at least gave Volt some onscreen time, and interviewed the Wall St. Weenie GM hater reporter. Oh, and then Beth Lowery showed up again. I just like how she chooses words, by the way.

So since I am used to seeing GM get dissed in the media, I automatically accepted the not so implied insult that Volt would never see the inside of a dealership. I guess that is sad, truth be told.

But people, no matter HOW much they say they want that 40 mile range Volt, absolutely salivate over a 550 hp Shelby Mustang...or a gorgeous drop top Camaro. As much as we SAY we want fuel mileage, most of us will go for "drop dead gorgeous and go like hell" every time.

I like Volt better, because I see it as the future. But oh yes, I do love that pretty, pretty Camaro. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.