GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I've been busy, so I just tend to post in the "Spotted Today" thread. :)

I shot this US-spec 1991 Buick Park Avenue today for a private client. He wants to sell the car (58,609 miles). I'm not crazy about these, but I always thought that they looked very elegant and classy.

The good news is that I even got to drive it on the roads that you see in the background. The steering is kind of lifeless, the brakes are a bit mushy but the car is comfortable and feels solid. The suspension is soft, but not "floaty" and around corners it drove quite well. It's no BMW 5er, but I enjoyed the short the test drive. The 3.8 V6 is rated at 175-horsepower according to the papers and it pulled the Buick along nicely. For relaxing long distance driving, this car is definitely a winner.

The owner has nothing but praise for this car. He likes the comfort, space, the gadgets and features and even the fuel consumption is not bad. But, he's not a fan of FWD and transversely-mounted [V6] engines and he already owns a classic inline-6 RWD car, so this one has to go. According to him it's not very stable at high speeds on the Autobahn, so he generally prefers to cruise in it at low speeds.

If you're interested in buying this car and re-importing it from Germany, let me know. I'll put you into contact with the owner. :)

Someone tell good 'ole Bob Daniels in Columbus that their Buick is just fine and dandy!

A snapshot from when I finished my test drive and parked behind my car...

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
How much does he want for this nice cruiser?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Wow, that sure is clean.

As for its feeling on the Autobahn, I can't imagine the engineers ever expected the vehicle to approach the sort of speed capable on that highway. Stereotypical owners likely stuck to under 35mph back roads :D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How much does he want for this nice cruiser?

These things sell for around $ 2,000 in the US, right? He'll probably want a few thousands more for it since it's in great shape and has been well-taken-care-off.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, that sure is clean.

As for its feeling on the Autobahn, I can't imagine the engineers ever expected the vehicle to approach the sort of speed capable on that highway. Stereotypical owners likely stuck to under 35mph back roads :D
He's taken great care of it. I was very impressed by the car. For a 1990s car it sure has A LOT of fancy and even USEFUL features. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.