GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I'm trying to order a Denali with the Premium Package.

Whats LPO?
Most LPO's are like the accessories you can order ahead of time instead of at the dealership.Floor mats, straps and some other options. If you build the order with the dealer the option will state LPO.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just got a call from my dealer. Order date for ordering a 2022 Yukon has been pushed back another 2 weeks....to August 26th. Thought I would post this in case anyone else was looking to order a 2022 Yukon. This is the 2nd push back. Hoping there won;t be a third 🤞

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone confirmed that '22 orders for full size SUVs can be placed? My dealer is telling me not yet since they extended the '21 production year and are still building '21s.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
My dealer took my order for my 2022 Yukon Denali 2 weeks ago.. I have an order number and the order sits at Event Code 2200 which indicates GM has accepted the order. Now with that said, the vehicle won't go any further in GMs system if there are constraints on parts needed to build it. Dealers are notified of the constraints on Thursday of each week. I ordered the Ultimate Package so all parts will need to be available in order for my Yukon to move to the next Event Code. Based on what's happened with the 2021s the chances of it moving forward are slim unless of course GM has set aside chips to get some of the 22s out to dealers.

Last I heard production is scheduled to begin on 0ctober 4th for the 22 Yukons. If anyone has a different production start date, please post here.

This is how I understand things work at this time due to the chip shortage.

Hope this helps answer your question

·
Registered
8 Posts
My dealer took my order for my 2022 Yukon Denali 2 weeks ago.. I have an order number and the order sits at Event Code 2200 which indicates GM has accepted the order. Now with that said, the vehicle won't go any further in GMs system if there are constraints on parts needed to build it. Dealers are notified of the constraints on Thursday of each week. I ordered the Ultimate Package so all parts will need to be available in order for my Yukon to move to the next Event Code. Based on what's happened with the 2021s the chances of it moving forward are slim unless of course GM has set aside chips to get some of the 22s out to dealers.

Last I heard production is scheduled to begin on 0ctober 4th for the 22 Yukons. If anyone has a different production start date, please post here.

This is how I understand things work at this time due to the chip shortage.

Hope this helps answer your question
ok did your dealer provide you with option/price changes for '22?

·
Registered
352 Posts
ok did your dealer provide you with option/price changes for '22?
Your dealer should be able to provide you retail pricing without any issues at this point. My families new 2022 Yukon SLT dealer who we ordered with was more than happy to provide a print out sent via text picture message of the copy of what we ordered/spec’d out from GM Workbench along with the alpha numeric order number.

I was at least able to determine pricing went up on an SLT exactly 400 dollars anyways. (Well $575 from what they are currently listed on GMCs site to build your own due to some option credits) I don’t think this truck will have start stop either so it might be a true $450 difference. For a digital 12.3 inch dashboard (I didn’t like the analog gauges anyways) and standard Google/Navigation system with the next generation infotainment it didn’t seem that unreasonable of an increase.

The least expensive 4WD SLT Yukon with freight and destination with no options (and no charge summit white paint) rings in a $63,095 if that helps. (I should know that is what I ordered)

Let me know if I can provide any more information. Good luck in your quest… Buying a ‘in-demand’ or especially ’hot’ vehicle these days has been well interesting. I was happy to get referred to a great small town dealer who was up front about the wait but actually gave me a fair shake right out of the gate. (Good trade and fair price on the new one)

I was completely turned off by some dealers holding on trade and wanting as much as 5,000 over MSRP for a damn order. Needless to say I passed…

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Your dealer should be able to provide you retail pricing without any issues at this point. My families new 2022 Yukon SLT dealer who we ordered with was more than happy to provide a print out sent via text picture message of the copy of what we ordered/spec’d out from GM Workbench along with the alpha numeric order number.

I was at least able to determine pricing went up on an SLT exactly 400 dollars anyways. (Well $575 from what they are currently listed on GMCs site to build your own due to some option credits) I don’t think this truck will have start stop either so it might be a true $450 difference. For a digital 12.3 inch dashboard (I didn’t like the analog gauges anyways) and standard Google/Navigation system with the next generation infotainment it didn’t seem that unreasonable of an increase.

The least expensive 4WD SLT Yukon with freight and destination with no options (and no charge summit white paint) rings in a $63,095 if that helps. (I should know that is what I ordered)

Let me know if I can provide any more information. Good luck in your quest… Buying a ‘in-demand’ or especially ’hot’ vehicle these days has been well interesting. I was happy to get referred to a great small town dealer who was up front about the wait but actually gave me a fair shake right out of the gate. (Good trade and fair price on the new one)

I was completely turned off by some dealers holding on trade and wanting as much as 5,000 over MSRP for a damn order. Needless to say I passed…
Thanks for the information. I check with my dealer to see if he has the cost break down. I'd certainly like to know what the MSRP will be. After that it's a matter of finding out what my family discount will be.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Thanks for the information. I check with my dealer to see if he has the cost break down. I'd certainly like to know what the MSRP will be. After that it's a matter of finding out what my family discount will be.
No problem. I don’t have any extra options on mine above the base SLT 4WD with a 5.3L V8 so I couldn’t see option pricing break downs.

My order has been in for a week and a half… Now my waiting begins this is a smaller dealer so I know I will sit at the first few event codes a bit longer. Actually Linton in the order tracking thread advised I am still at 1100. That isn’t shocking to me as I know stuff is hand to mouth for everything. I do know they will keep me informed and I don’t have any constraints on my order that I am aware of.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
352 Posts
IF you have an order number you're probably at Event Code 2000...do you have a list of the event codes? if not here's a link to where you can find them.

Thank you. Linton is another thread checked and still advised I was at 1100. I am not shocked this was a dealer that pre-Covid would have 15-20 new vehicles in stock and maybe another couples dozen used ones. This order will get allocated BUT I am sure it could take just a bit longer than the big boys.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
IF you have an order number you're probably at Event Code 2000...do you have a list of the event codes? if not here's a link to where

Thank you. Linton is another thread checked and still advised I was at 1100. I am not shocked this was a dealer that pre-Covid would have 15-20 new vehicles in stock and maybe another couples dozen used ones. This order will get allocated BUT I am sure it could take just a bit longer than the big boys.
Just a FYI for those looking to purchase a 2022 Yukon Denali. I placed an order with my dealer 3 weeks ago. I ordered it with the Ultimate Package. I got a call from my dealer yesterday afternoon and was informed that it is now at Event Code 3300. Which means the order is now in the hands of production control.

I asked my dealer if there was was any chance it would be built without all the chips and be parked until they are available. He said and I quote "It is past the point where that would happen. You will be getting a completed vehicle. "

He also said its scheduled for production the week of October 4th.

I make this post only to let those who are wanting to order a 2022 Yukon Denali Ultimate....that now is the time to do so. You never know when they may run out of chips.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts