GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I always tought about this in a dream and something I saw from Old School. This( I think) will bring back fans of the Blazer, and the S10.

Ok, in the begining of the commercial they'll start playing the begining parts of Metallica's Master of Puppets. (This song would play through out the commercials and end on a key spot of the song) Then all these different shots of the different trim Blazers and S-10, like the Xtreme, Z-72, and the S-10 Quad Cab, will start doing these crazy driving stunts at night. They'll show the Xtreme drifting into a corner on a slick intrsection and peeling out into a straight line out of camera range with the sound of the engine reving and gears shifting. It will be passing all these cars in front of it showing out the handling. The truck then passes through several intersections before going into a parking lot structure and start driving around up to the top until it slides to stop on the top of the bulding looking out to the City. As they look out the city it will soley go to a stop that looks significant and then a zoom to a construction site, where a 2 trucks will flash by over a puddle of mud then flash to the shot of the trucks. The Z-72 Blazer and the S-10 would start driving on this dirt consruction site jumping dirt piles, crossing over puddles of mud and then move off until it gets to a road connected to a railroad track crossing. Then they would speed up, jump the little bump platform and land perfectly together after flying high in the air. There will be a camera shoting the back of the trucks and then the front. Then they go opposite sides of the residential streets and start driving over peoples yards and then there would be a close up of the trucks tires with the suspension going up and down as they caually pass over the lawns. As they finish the two trucks then start rampaging in a school yard by crashing trough the fence and start doing donuts on the baseball feild. As the donuts are being done the song is still playing. Dirts and grass is flying everywhere and all of a sudden the Xtreme pops in and slide to a stop right in the middle of Z-72 and the Quad Cab S-10. The Chevy logo would pop up at the moment of the song when they sing "Master, Master" Then the little Chevy slogan would pop up and the ending will be the three trucks peeling out together.

maybe it could happen, ;) ]

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Very cool. Lots of detail - very visual.

But I don't think it'll happen. Try to think back to the last time you saw a Chevy Astro or Express commercial......some nameplates get no advertising dollars at all.

I have a bad feeling the Blazer and remaining S-10 will be put waaay on the back burner until they end of life in a couple of years. The main reason they are being kept - aside from filling production gaps - seems to be to keep the Union factory running. That is, until they get approval to shut them down like the Astro factory.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts