GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, this is my first post. I don't do a lot of posting, but do check in eveyday.

When is GM going to put bigger tires on their pickups? I currently have an 03 GMC 3500 4x4 CC D/MAX/Allison and have got an 04 ordered, gotta have that new D/MAX. But it sure would be nice to have at least 18 inch tires on it

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks AL.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I'm talking about wheel size but bigger tires would also be nice. I'm glad your happy with them but I'm not. What kind of truck do you own?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
So what do U have on the truck now???...265/75/16's...Lemme know I'm pretty sure I can help U out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LT 215/85R/16 Goodyear Wranglers.

I just don't like all the space between the tire and fender well. I think bigger rims and tires would look alot better.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
It's not a Duallie is it??

·
Registered
20 Posts
You want to sacrifice acceleration and gas mileage for a little aesthetics? And, yes it does make quite a difference. Seems odd for a guy with a 1-Ton Crew Cab.

I tend to think that there are very limited positives to upping wheel size/tire size, but I guess that is my opinion. If I had the green for a new truck every year just to buy a number that was better, I'd go ahead and upgrade wheel/tires myself.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
UR pretty much stuck with that size. If U go 2 something wider on the rear the tires will rub 2gether and catch fire. As 4 18"rims, do they make 18" rims 4 the rear of a Duallie???.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, you're right, I'm pretty much stuck with with this size and my salesman told me that they would rather I not put on any other tires because they are going to get the truck back in 8 or 10 months.

But, I'm sure with all the brain power that GM has that they could come with bigger rims and tires.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yeah definatley GM could of..If U had something else other than the Duallie U could do so much more. Just with he stock rims alone (had it not been a Duallie) U'd B able 2 get the look U wanted. U just have 2 know perosn that works in a tire/rim shop that's willing 2 work with U and is not afraid 2 experiment with stuff other that what the books say. Trust me I've been down that road.
If U have any questions feel free 2 ask..I'll help U out anyway I can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the help but I guess I'll have to be satisfied with what I got. I need a dually because I've got a 35 ft. fifth wheel I pull and it is too heavy for a 3/4 ton.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts