GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I set the tire pressure monitor to the correct wheel on the GMT900 trucks?

I guess it would be easier to take a mental note that rear=front opposite and front=rear.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
reset the tire pressure monitoring system, to do so, you need to get your key fob, and put your ignition key in the ignition, turn it to the accesories position, and simultaneously press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. hold them until the truck honks the horn.

then take something to let out air in the tires, you need to start with the left front then go to the right front, then the right rear, then the left rear.

start at the left front, drop the pressure in the tire until the horn beeps, -usually takes 8 seconds or so. then repeat on the other tires in the order i told you above.

or you can get the J tool for the TPM's and use that.

anyways, after you finish with the final tire, the horn will honk again, then you know your done. usually honks 2 times.

and then you can turn the key off, and set your tire pressures.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i use the j tool at the shop. it's much easier...=)

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
reset the tire pressure monitoring system, to do so, you need to get your key fob, and put your ignition key in the ignition, turn it to the accesories position, and simultaneously press the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob. hold them until the truck honks the horn.
That part only applies to the 08's, if you have an 07 (cant remember what you got) then you access the TPM programming through the DIC. Just scroll through the options until you get to "press (check) to relearn tires".

Everything else is good....

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
yes but not on the lower end ones, they dont have it available through the dic, and some of them dont even have a key fob, so you have to go to the tire relearn screen and then hold the trip reset button

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine is a 2007 LT2 4x4.

I need to rotate the tires, so I'll print this whole thread out and follow the instructions...unless it's raining then I'll just chill back with a few beers.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
you dont have to reset it if you dont want to. all resetting it will do is put the tires in there positions as to what the computer sees, it uses each of the sensors ID's to determine where they are. it wont throw a light on. but if you want to have it accurate then reset it. easy process. just takes a few to get the hang of it.

your truck should have it available through the DIC, listed under tire pressure monitor relearn. just press the check mark button when prompted and it will go from there

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just recently had a problem with my tire monitor display on my dash on a new model 2007 gmc seirra slt. It normally would tell me the kpa of all four tires but now when i scroll to view my tire pressures the display show's blank dashes where the numbers should be. example > Front Left --- Front Right ---
Rear Left --- Rear Right --- Not sure what to do with this, do u guys have any ideas ? thanksss !!!! :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
I keep having issues with my 08 HHR SS TPM the Right front keeps throwing an error. I have taken it to multiple dealerships and they all just reset it but I am pretty sure the sensor is bad, how can I get the dealer to replace it before my warranty is up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts