Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MKS FWD with Ultimate Package

$45,175.00 MSRP including $800.00 delivery

Tires: Goodyear Eagle RS-A P255/45R19 100V
19” wheels

Pros:
Styling, both inside and out; high seating position; handling; light steering; materials; workmanship; navigation system; audio system; beautiful wood and very supple leather; minimal side blind spots; rearview camera; very few interior hard plastic pieces; smooth shifting transaxle; low engine noise except under hard acceleration (sounds like a V-6 and there's no mistaking the sound for a V-8); some torque steer under hard acceleration, but the steering wheel snaps back as if the stability control system takes control--does it?; charges an MP3 player when connected to the USB port.

Cons:
Harsh ride (probably will dissuade some or even many current Lincoln owners from buying the car); some road noise; significant engine & a/c compressor vibration at idle felt mostly through the steering wheel (minimal transmission through dash top, pedals, and shift lever); tinny sounding door handles; no rear load leveling; small trunk opening; steering wheel too constricted in both tilt and telescope; feel of top of steering wheel at seam of wood & leather; speedometer view blocked at low steering wheel positions; no turn signal arrows in outside mirrors; no folding rear seat backs; some interior pieces in black when they should be the same color as the interior; needs more wood accents inside; Jukebox cannot record homemade MP3 discs to the car’s hard drive.

As to ride quality, the car is much too harsh over bumps to the point where I think many current Lincoln owners (especially those coming from a Town Car) will drop the MKS from consideration because of it. Had a '06 Q45s that I thought had a harsh ride and the MKS is significantly more bone jarring than the Q. Think of the MKS ride more along the lines of the Infiniti G35 or Audi A6. The smaller wheeled base models might have a slightly more compliant ride, but wheels/tires aren't going to make that big a difference.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I just cannot imagine driving a $45k FWD car. It certainly looks nice on the inside, I'm a little split on the exterior styling. I cannot help but think it will get dated looking rather quickly.

Nice, succinct review of the car. I got most of what I need to know about it from your review.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
I just cannot imagine driving a $45k FWD car. It certainly looks nice on the inside, I'm a little split on the exterior styling. I cannot help but think it will get dated looking rather quickly.

Nice, succinct review of the car. I got most of what I need to know about it from your review.
MKS is AWD. It's no more FWD than my Audi RS4 is.

·
Registered
547 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts

I've driven more expensive front wheel drive cars and they were actually very, very nice.. The Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe and DeVille Touring Sedan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts