GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer its supposed to go up to $4.00 a gallon.
Whoa! Thinking gas? Well you're wrong!!! CBS Evening News reports in their Friday Consumer Report that milk will go up to $4.00 a gallon. Personally, milk has always been a favorite to me, but I drink it rarely. I don't even remember the taste. But, I mean, people are consuming so much milk, prices are going up such as gas.....(ha..ha..haha :huh: ) Why do you think milk is increasing in price? I think because of so much milk being consumed. Children like milk, and parents buy gallons. Sometimes even two (bad idea; it might spoil!) and if it does spoil, then you have a problem because you have to throw it away (unless you like sour milk...)

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Originally posted by gmwsag@Apr 17 2004, 02:20 AM
This summer its supposed to go up to $4.00 a gallon.
Whoa! Thinking gas? Well you're wrong!!! CBS Evening News reports in their Friday Consumer Report that milk will go up to $4.00 a gallon. Personally, milk has always been a favorite to me, but I drink it rarely. I don't even remember the taste. But, I mean, people are consuming so much milk, prices are going up such as gas.....(ha..ha..haha :huh: ) Why do you think milk is increasing in price? I think because of so much milk being consumed. Children like milk, and parents buy gallons. Sometimes even two (bad idea; it might spoil!) and if it does spoil, then you have a problem because you have to throw it away (unless you like sour milk...)
Some reasons for the rise in price are:

A few years ago, before the mad cow scare, the milk farmers had too many cows so they made burgers out of them.

Then came the mad cow scare. more cows go bye-bye.

now, with the demand the same, and fewer cows, the price goes up.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Where I live, the chain supermarket (Stop & Stop) charges $3.89 a gallon and has for some time...

whereas the struggling mom & pop store sells it for $2.99 with a "special" running every week where a different % fat is $1.99, and they still managed to make money off it.

So, the larger chain store was making a killing. I suppose that means the chain will sell it at $5+ or something...damn :(

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some areas will drink more milk. Milk is about $3 a gallon over here in Palm Beach.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
WTF $4!?! What isn't getting expensive this summer!?!

BTW, milk here in Dallas is about $2.10

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think mine is 3.39 for natural 1/2% brought in from a local farm. I like to supprt that plus the addition of non chemical enhanced cows.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by paul8488+Apr 20 2004, 09:53 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (paul8488 @ Apr 20 2004, 09:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@Apr 20 2004, 03:48 PM
I tell you its those dang Saudi Arabian Dairy Farmers holding out on us.
haha! ah, a dose of classic ming. goes down well with a tall, cold glass of milk. [/b][/quote]
LOL :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts