GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18,590 Posts
Looks impressive! I've no doubts it'll be able to back it all up with great performance!

I like the way Cadillac is working with non-GM teams to create special details, like the Cosworth performance controls, SKG, etc.. They need to slavish that same attention onto top end luxury vehicles. Work with 3rd parties to make delightful luxury touches that people will go ooooo-ahhhhh over.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,865 Posts
This car is a bargain at $125,000, and arguably one of the best high performance sedans in the history of the automotive industry.

And the TFL video was great!

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,317 Posts
This car is a bargain at $125,000, and arguably one of the best high performance sedans in the history of the automotive industry.

Check every single Package and you get up to around $100K, the 6sp starts at $85K, but you could go higher. Not sure you could get them to build you one for under $90K...maybe in a year or two??

·
Registered
18,590 Posts
I had no idea the ceramic brakes were so much lighter - 64 lbs, that's a lot of unsprung weight! What is it - every pound of unsprung weight is the equivalent to 4 lbs of sprung weight?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts

Honestly I was expecting it to be priced no more than 100k with every option. For someone like myself who is only able to afford one 100k+ sports model waiting for the Z06 looks like a better buy.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,865 Posts
What is it - every pound of unsprung weight is the equivalent to 4 lbs of sprung weight?
My HPDE instructor said that while the exact ratio or multiplier (whether 1:4 1:3, 1:6 or another value altogether) is difficult or impossible to calculate with high precision, there is no controversy over this statement:

Removing x pounds of unsprung weight will have greater performance benefits compared to removing x pounds of sprung weight.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
44,244 Posts
Is the CT5 Blackwing the equivalent of the CS? Seems like the CS is a package above the M5, deleting luxury equipment, etc. for the sake of performance.
Yes. CT5 Blackwing is Cadillac's answer to the BMW M5 CS.
I wouldn't necessarily say "deleting luxury equipment," but more along the lines of "focusing more on performance aspects than luxury."

I do like how the M5 CS has the sport bucket seats in the rear as well. Interesting addition.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I had no idea the ceramic brakes were so much lighter - 64 lbs, that's a lot of unsprung weight! What is it - every pound of unsprung weight is the equivalent to 4 lbs of sprung weight?
I take that 64 lbs as total for the car or 16 lbs per wheel otherwise that would seem to be way too much. Regardless, a very nice reduction.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Not sure how they got to $125k...I guess you'd have to check every option, w/ every dealer installed add on including the $69 bottle of car wash soap, so I guess the pricing lines up w/ the G3 CTS-V.

Yes. CT5 Blackwing is Cadillac's answer to the BMW M5 CS.
I wouldn't necessarily say "deleting luxury equipment," but more along the lines of "focusing more on performance aspects than luxury."

I do like how the M5 CS has the sport bucket seats in the rear as well. Interesting addition.
Right, can't delete what you didn't have in the first place.

·
Registered
18,590 Posts
I take that 64 lbs as total for the car or 16 lbs per wheel otherwise that would seem to be way too much. Regardless, a very nice reduction.
Yes, the 64 lbs is the combined savings from all four brakes, 18 lbs a brake - I had no idea ceramics saved that much weight.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Caddy v8 ICE is going out on a big bang.

Reactions: YesImOld

·
Registered
506 Posts
It makes me want a coupe even more. This design would work even better as a 2-door and calling a 2-door car a track weapon doesn't sound comical.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts