GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm going to assume you are kidding, but if not, thats a really slippery slope. I'd be pissed if someone stole my car or truck, but I don't know that I would shoot them. Maybe break their fingers or hands so they would think twice about it. At what point do police start shooting for other non-violent offenses?
Maybe he meant if they just shot them A LITTLE BIT. Like give cops a .22 for less serious felons. Seems perfectly logical! Make sure to present the felon with his hospital bill too. Paying that will help teach him greater responsibility.

I've heard that is one of the newer theft deterrents being used at assembly plants. Make sure the vehicles have the least possible fuel in them to move them around only as much as needed at the plant.

The high speed fleeing burns quite a bit more gas, and while fleeing, stopping at the local gas station doesn't get you away as fast as they'd prefer.
Well, yes and no. Most gas stations have a convenient Stop-N-Rob on premises, so the bad guys--that is such a prejudicial term, why not just call them career-disadvantaged ethically-challenged aspiring felons?--could benefit from a TwoFer. Get gas and hit the Stop-N-Rob for a bit of cash and a bag of donuts. The cops will appreciate the donuts when they apprehend these young entrepreneurs, which could result in reduced charges.

Reactions: Scrambler

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Somebody tries to kill a cop, and gets it bargained down to probation.

Makes you wonder why anybody would be a cop.
Sadly, some people become police officers for the sole purpose of abusing their newly acquired power. I would have become one myself if it weren't for the psychological testing.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts