GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

Registered
I'm not sure that guy is white, but that story is from April.

For the record, there are POS in all; colors, genders and pronoun variations.
That's all fine and dandy my good sir, but why in the **** would you like a racially charged post sarcastically mentioning discrimination with trigger words like reparations...without even knowing the racial background of the culprits.

Registered
I'm not clear on this. Don't factory storage yards have the ability to build fences and gates? Maybe hire a night watchman or two ?
From what I've heard, a group of car thieves will "lead" with one perp stealing a large truck to bash through the fence, gate, whatever. Then the remaining thieves drive out through the gap.

The assembly plants I know of cover around a square mile. That's 4 miles or so of fencing. The thieves just search out the weak point. And yeah, I would bet that some plant worker(s) have some involvement.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
From what I've heard, a group of car thieves will "lead" with one perp stealing a large truck to bash through the fence, gate, whatever. Then the remaining thieves drive out through the gap.

The assembly plants I know of cover around a square mile. That's 4 miles or so of fencing. The thieves just search out the weak point. And yeah, I would bet that some plant worker(s) have some involvement.
Creative, problem-solving entrepreneurs! It's so encouraging to see that good old American can-do! spirit hard at work. Yes we can!

• Haha
Reactions: 61BelAir

Registered
Creative, problem-solving entrepreneurs! It's so encouraging to see that good old American can-do! spirit hard at work. Yes we can!
The entrepreneurs who confiscated the Mustangs should have a checklist ready on their next endeavour though. Step #1 Steal gasoline (preferably premium). Step #2 Fuel getaway vehicle. Step #3 Abscond with said stolen vehicle. If they really want to streamline their operation, add Step #1A Steal a valid license plate. Preferably from a Mustang.

Registered
That's all fine and dandy my good sir, but why in the **** would you like a racially charged post sarcastically mentioning discrimination with trigger words like reparations...without even knowing the racial background of the culprits.

My goodness...............

First off, I have no idea what you are talking about, someone provided a news clip and based on the video, suggested the "perp" was white, I simply said I couldn't tell, but the video was from April, which was prior to this crime happening, so while similar, they aren't the same event..... nor do I care what color the scum is.

If this hurts you, seek help.

Reactions: Neanderthal

Registered
The problem as I see it is there are far too many trigger words these days. People should take a lesson from firearms instructors and learn trigger control.

What really enrages me though are the news stories that mention "a group of teens rioted". I know for a fact this is code for blaming a certain age group in a certain minority. Wouldn't it be much better to say "An indeterminant number of people of an unspecified age held a peaceful riot during which they relieved several overstocked stores of their excess inventory."? That way you get all the facts without casting aspersions on any particular group. A kinder, gentler world.

Also, better triggers equal better control. That's a given. In polymer striker fired pistols the best factory trigger by far is the one found on the H&K VP9. Don't take my word on it. Try it out yourself.

Registered
The problem as I see it is there are far too many trigger words these days.. That's a given.. In polymer striker fired pistols the best factory trigger by far is the one found on the H&K VP9. Don't take my word on it. Try it out yourself..

A kinder, gentler world..
Don鈥檛 take my trigger word on it. Try it out yourself.

Premium Member
My goodness...............

First off, I have no idea what you are talking about, someone provided a news clip and based on the video, suggested the "perp" was white, I simply said I couldn't tell, but the video was from April, which was prior to this crime happening, so while similar, they aren't the same event..... nor do I care what color the scum is.

If this hurts you, seek help.
Sorry, that was my fault.
I didn鈥檛 realise how regularly Ford plants are being hit by obviously stupid people,
more often than I could ever imagine鈥.I鈥檝e truly lived a sheltered and clueless life about such matters鈥.dude ran out of gas, LOL.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Premium Member
Sad state of affairs but it shows how valuable these trucks have become to thieves, seen it first hand in the Metro Detroit area over the years especially with Stellantis products.

Registered
They make faraday pouches to protect your signal. If your car has a proximity sensor and you leave your car outside there are signal boosters that can send the signal from your fob.

Basically your fob is alway talking to your car but you have to be very close to the car for the door to unlock and inside the car for it to start.

If a guy with the booster follows you into the hardware store, restaurant, etc. he can boost your signal to his accomplice who is standing outside of your car in the parking lot. He can then jump in your car and start it like the fob is within the vehicle because the boosted signal fools the car into thinking the fob is in the car since the signal is so strong.

I use this one.

It drives me nuts that the manufacturers haven鈥檛 come up with a good solution.
well said!

Registered
in a country where so many innocent people get killed in shootings, why can't thieves be shot? I don't get it. There's no security to let them steal because of somekind of insurance benefits?
I'm going to assume you are kidding, but if not, thats a really slippery slope. I'd be pissed if someone stole my car or truck, but I don't know that I would shoot them. Maybe break their fingers or hands so they would think twice about it. At what point do police start shooting for other non-violent offenses?

Registered

Registered
Caucasians?
It might be from a different similar story, but I heard that the mother complained loudly (and the media amplified it) about her baby having no weapon, so they had no cause for shooting.

That found me yelling at the TV, "He tried to kill them with the car. THAT'S his "weapon"!

Registered
...Lucky that 3 of the idiots that stole these vehicles were caught out by their own stupidity they simply forgot to look at the fuel gauge they were caught when they run out of fuel LOL...
I've heard that is one of the newer theft deterrents being used at assembly plants. Make sure the vehicles have the least possible fuel in them to move them around only as much as needed at the plant.

The high speed fleeing burns quite a bit more gas, and while fleeing, stopping at the local gas station doesn't get you away as fast as they'd prefer.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts