GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
I'm not clear on this. Don't factory storage yards have the ability to build fences and gates? Maybe hire a night watchman or two ?
From what I've heard, a group of car thieves will "lead" with one perp stealing a large truck to bash through the fence, gate, whatever. Then the remaining thieves drive out through the gap.

The assembly plants I know of cover around a square mile. That's 4 miles or so of fencing. The thieves just search out the weak point. And yeah, I would bet that some plant worker(s) have some involvement.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Caucasians?
It might be from a different similar story, but I heard that the mother complained loudly (and the media amplified it) about her baby having no weapon, so they had no cause for shooting.

That found me yelling at the TV, "He tried to kill them with the car. THAT'S his "weapon"!

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
...Lucky that 3 of the idiots that stole these vehicles were caught out by their own stupidity they simply forgot to look at the fuel gauge they were caught when they run out of fuel LOL...
I've heard that is one of the newer theft deterrents being used at assembly plants. Make sure the vehicles have the least possible fuel in them to move them around only as much as needed at the plant.

The high speed fleeing burns quite a bit more gas, and while fleeing, stopping at the local gas station doesn't get you away as fast as they'd prefer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts