GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They need a new Jag XJ Coupe. I always like the XJ6C and XJ12C of the 1970's and think the styling of the new XJ cries out for a Coupe version....

;)

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Very cool.

MonaroSS could you eliminate the B pillar? I would love to see Jag have a coupe like Merc does without the post.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
While there are definite differences, I see a lot of Aston Martin in that coupe.

Side note, this weekend was a big prom weekend here in town and I saw two 17 year old (??) kids driving an Aston Martin Vanquish in their tux and dress. Even if I had the ability to buy that car, no way in hell would I let my 17 year old kid take it to prom.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I am really liking this! I absolutely love the XJ6C and would love to see a successor to it.

I'm figuring it is the re-organization of the elements, but I can see a bit of a hip on the coupe, where I feel like it is lost on the sedan. Nice throwback to the subtle hip on the old coupes.

I agree with Canuck, I think a pillarless design would be awesome, but I don't think it would be feasible. the rear window extends over the rear wheel, making it impossible to put it down all the way, which would take away from the dramatic effect that the pillarless design gives you.

-Chase

1 - 7 of 7 Posts