Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,624 Posts
Good to hear. Take on Bentley and Rolls Royce

But really, 2029? At the current rate of Cadillac's product, quality, and prestige upswing, I would say more like 2020 such a car will be more than possible and accepted into that market segment.

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
Good to hear. Take on Bentley and Rolls Royce

But really, 2029? At the current rate of Cadillac's product, quality, and prestige upswing, I would say more like 2020 such a car will be more than possible and accepted into that market segment.
Development time for ultra-luxury models is generally longer than lesser models - it took BMW a rushed 5 years to bring the Rolls-Royce Phantom to market, using developments of existing powertrains.

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
He's right. It's way too early for something like that. When the excellent models that Cadillac already has aren't exactly flying off the showroom floors, people think they're too expensive, and people really don't take Cadillac seriously, they don't need a $250,000 model.

Commit the resources where your needs are: CUVs and an expanded car lineup with more body styles. Build that premium S Class or 7 Series competitor. Don't worry about building a Rolls or a Bentley.

·
Registered
21,333 Posts
So now we've gone from "just wait til next year!" to "just wait 15 years!"

FWIW, a $60,000 Caddy today and 10% annual increase will be $250,000 in 2029.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

Car prices aren't going up 10% a year.

·
Registered
5,941 Posts

You have to learn to walk before you run. Depending on the acceptance of the forthcoming generation of Cadillacs they could revise that timetable and do a $250,000 vehicle earlier than that. In 5 years they'll likely already be selling CT8's or something similar for (in today's money) $150,000.

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Interesting points...

De Nysschen, a former import executive who was named Cadillac president in August, is overseeing a product blitz that will cost GM an estimated $2.5 billion over the next six years, he told Reuters.
De Nysschen hinted the CT-6 will be priced "in the 70s," or just above the XTS.
The CT6 will be priced just like SWB flagships as expected. I'm glad to see appropriate pricing. It will probably run shy of 75K to at least 100K, and probably a little more depending on options.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
The CT6 will be priced just like SWB flagships as expected. I'm glad to see appropriate pricing. It will probably run shy of 75K to at least 100K, and probably a little more depending on options.
740i - $74,000
XJ - $74,200
A8 - $77,400
LS 460 - $72,140

It'll be interesting to see where they set the base price. I think it'll be more than the LS, but less than the 7, so around $72,995 or so.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
It's not about that.

I really hope this won't be a G2 CTS dilemma all over again.
It won't. The SWB VS LWB Flagship segment is a much better way of playing the Gent 2 CTS game than the 3/5 series segment. Something w/ such a massive price difference like SWB vs LWB because they're the same model. CT8 will come in and be the big Dog.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts