GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it a local problem that more people are going through red lights?
Our local paper runs a weekly story of do's and don'ts regarding traffic laws. They should just repeat the same one-don't go through red lights!
I am not talking of yellows going to reds but almost stale reds. Two days ago, I was stopping for a red and it was a leisurely stop; everybody had enough time so that brakes weren't screaching. The fellow in back of me veers around me and floors it going right through. Fortunately, nobody was coming in the cross traffic since their light must have changed to the green.
I see this at least once per week in the Chicago burbs. Just rev it up and fly through which makes an accident even worse since the car is accelerating and the other car will be broadsided.
And we're giving these people more horsepower?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Its a problem everywhere. I notice it almost at every intersection in town here.

There is this one guy with a Porsche who is crazy. Few months ago, he was about 7 cars behind me while traffic was sitting at the redlight. I hear a hi rev and I see this joker flying down the shoulder, thru the left hand turning lane, and then he just runs the red light. I mean he was in the passing lane, sitting in traffice behind me and the other 5 or 6 guys behind me, and just pulls out and runs the red! Then as the light goes green, I kinda follow him some to try to get his plate, then whoosh! flys thru our traffic circle, runs an old lady off the road and then almost destroys his car when he almost slams into an enbankment on the other side of the circle.

Tried to get his plates but no luck. Whats worse hes a customer at our the bank I work at. What a jackass. People are just crazy, I mean everyone thinks the road is theirs and no one else has the right to it. :argue:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
It seems to me that at least close where I live the yellow light time has been decreased. On a 50mph road, the yellow light comes up for about 2 seconds or less.

Worthless. Unless you slam on your brakes or drive 30mph, there is no way to stop in time to avoid going through a red - and when it is raining on the slick, newly paved roads, forget about it.

Makes me wonder if this is some police scheme to catch me going through a red to ticket me, or whether there is some kind of regional difference in the timing and observance of yellow lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.