GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with this lovely image.

more here

This is (according to the site) is a 1992 Pontiac Firebird with a twin turbo small block and "was officially built to gauge how well the third-gen chassis held up under extreme power levels. Unofficially it was built to run in a particular magazine’s top speed competition. The ‘Bird cracked the magical 200 mph mark."

Sadly - this car might never see the light day again. It is stashed in a warehouse owned by Pontiac - along with other rare production/concept Pontiac's and GMC's.

Now - as nice as i'd love to form a GM militant group and "attack" this warehouse for the purpose of raiding it's goods - i'm limited by my lack of knowlage of this warehouse's location. So i ask questions instead because it's less violent and will keep me out of GM legal workers and jonny law's reach. <_<

My question: "What else can be told about these warehouse stashes? Does anyone else know of one's location? Does anyone know of any rarities that exist in such warehouse's? Do any other GM brands besides Pontiac and GMC have warehouses?"

·
Registered
396 Posts
Every brand has a warehouse. All (if I remember right) are located in Michigan.

Every production and/or concept car is tucked away in the warehouse. Everything. GM saves it all, and puts it in the warehouse.

They had a special on TV here last year for the NAIAS, they did not name the location(s) of the warehouses because of security reasons and GM's wishes.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
:bounce: I'm pretty sure I still have the magazine article with that car in it!,it was called the FireFox II. Such an awsome car.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
This is a very interesting thread.
Boy, after looking at the site, I must say that I'd really be interested in plunking down some money to tour the place. It would make a great museum-especially with all those unique productions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts