GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Silverado Performance Package (B4V) is a regional package available in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana, and most notably includes the Vortec™ "High Output" 6000 V8 (LQ9) and 20-inch chromed 5-spoke wheels. Vehicles equipped with these packages begin production March 22 and will be produced until the end of the 2004 model year.

Available only as a 2wd Ext Cab Short Box with 20" wheels and Z60 suspension. The LQ9 is the 6.0L H.O Vortec. 345HP 380 lbs-ft.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
But without the all wheel drive.

Has anybody tested one of these? I'd love to see some acceleration times. If the 345 hp all wheel drive, extended cab SS will beat a 345 hp regular cab, 2WD Hemi, this thing must really put some hurt on the Dodges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
why don't they offer that in a reg cab short bed as well???
And put a supercharger on it. Now they would have something. Of course that 8.5" 10bolt will need to be replaced.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I've seen quite a few of these on dealer lots in Baton Rouge. It's really not a bad deal. The option package is less than $3,000 ($2,880 if I remember correctly). I plan on test driving one next weekend. It's $10,000 cheaper than the SS, but of course, the SS comes loaded. Anyway, I too would love to see the 6 liter offered in a regular cab pick up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Originally posted by BRMike@Apr 30 2004, 06:43 AM
I've seen quite a few of these on dealer lots in Baton Rouge. It's really not a bad deal. The option package is less than $3,000 ($2,880 if I remember correctly). I plan on test driving one next weekend. It's $10,000 cheaper than the SS, but of course, the SS comes loaded. Anyway, I too would love to see the 6 liter offered in a regular cab pick up.
Kewl, tell us what you think of the package after you test drive it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
All Star has a couple, Gerry Lane has a couple (They still have three SS Silverado's on the lot too) and Brian Harris has two or three. I'm planning on test driving one from Brian Harris tomorrow. I just moved into a new house in Denham. I'm trying to figure out what I can fit into the garage!

I used to have a 1998 Bright Green Metallic Camaro SS clone. It was stolen from Ole London Towne apartments a month ago. I still have my 2003 yellow S10. I think I have the only single cab yellow S10 (w/ZQ8) in Baton Rouge.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Some changes made to the Texas truck and Spring Special Truck. Through marketing they asked to make some changes to these two package offerings to increase sales.

They are going to offer the Spring Special in the full colour pallet, so it will include
the eight current colours and indigo blue. Also it will be offered nationwide throughout the U.S. and Canada.

The Texas Truck will now be offered in indigo blue, which is currently only available on the Spring Special. The Texas Truck is currently available in eight colours but soon it will be offered in indigo also. There is no talk of offering this truck package to any other states other than Oklahoma, Texas and Louisiana.

Next year when the Texas Truck is brought back in the fall, it may be available nationwide to Canada and all through the United States.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I've started to see Sierras listed at local Michigan dealers in GMBuypower that have a sport package with 20-inch wheels and the LQ9. They are 2WD extended cabs. I'll have to take a look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts