GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a great laugh. Go to www.ananova.com/news/story/sm.903083
An article states that a doctor in Austria backs picking your nose and eating it!!!
He claims that your fingers can go where a kerchief can't and that eating the dried remains boosts your immune system.
I cried laughing when I read the story.
Now, can this theory be extrapolated to eating dog ---- in the park to ward off rabies? :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is why there are lawyers in this world and why medical malpractice must be wielded.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Actually it's quite logical that eating the dried remains could possibly strengthen the immune system, it's just pretty unlikely. Your boogers will usually contain dead bacteria and viruses, so if your immune system is exposed to their cell walls it will be able to 'recognize' that organism in the future. This is similar to what happens when you get immunized. The major problem is that you're just as likely to get live bacteria and virus in a booger and thus inoculate yourself with disease. Also, I would find it unlikely a reasonably intact dead virus or bacteria would make it through your stomach and into your bloodstream.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My pet Labrador retriever chases the rabbits around and eats their droppings. Among other things, that is why he doesn't get to ride in my new Monte Carlo.
Ugh and yuck!

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Has anyone (Doctor preferably) actually done any kind of study on booger eating? Some facts might be correct. Can't call the guy a quack until he's been proven wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts