GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The G6 doesn't get this engine until 2006 Model Year. It starts off 2005 with 3.5L also used in the Chevy Malibu. I think a special version of Malibu Maxx will also be getting the same 3900 V6 but only with auto trans.

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to my uncle, who helped make the engine (engineer for GM), the latest the engine will be coming out of the factories will be mid-January 2005. Of course, this assumes no setbacks. :p

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I'd like to see the CSVs get the engine, in particular if sales are sluggish and critics call the 3.5L engine underpowered for the new minivans. The Pontiac Torrent should get it. And I'd love to see it in the Bonneville or Grand Prix as standard equipment. Of course the Impala, too. A V6 Camaro with this engine would be sweet as well.

Old school GM pushrod power combined with VVT tech and a new design - I like this engine a lot and its not even out yet.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Well, I hope to see the 3.9 in the GP GT model, with the 3.5 base, same goes for the Impy. Id also like to see the 3.5 go as the base engine in the LaCrosse.
Im sure that the 3.9 will also be the base engine for the Camaro, along with DOD. Id like to see DOD used a lot on the low and mid level models for the next Camaro. A 3.9 DOD car could get some near 40mpg with a 6spd, and a 5.3 with DOD could get upper 30's as well. Ive heard of Z06 owners and some fbody owners get 30mpg on there cars making over 400hp. Im sure the 3.9 and 5.3 DOD cars could gain a lot of MPG with the aid of a 6spd, and low numeric gears.
Thats some 50hp more then the .1 liter larger 4.0 V6 in the Mustang, and probably get an extra 10mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts