GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read reports in the news in the past that tried to link Conservatism to buying from the Big 3, or Liberalism to owning or having brand loyalty to Import Brands (brands headquarted overseas, forget the F-bodies made in Canada :rolleyes: ). The reports also took into acount the Midwest vs. the West and East coast.

What most closely represents you? Sure, we all want to choose "Other - I am too original for any category - I vote on issues", but if you've voted Democrat or Republican primarily throughout your life, then you're probably best defined as a "Democrat" or "Republican". I'd save the "other" for only if you are the type of person who would jump to vote for George Bush, for instance, just because he promotes making the marriage penalty tax cut permanent, but otherwise you've voted for Democrats in the past. Meaning, you have absolutely no party loyalty or leanings.

I included definitions for our Canadian friends. :D

BTW, don't let this turn into a flame war :rolleyes:--- we are going to have folks with different viewpoints here, that's what makes it fun - so show respect and no name calling. :p I'd just like to know if the news reporters had it right or not.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I've learned in my short time of paying attention to politics and life long love of cars that a majority of Saab & Volvo drivers tend to vote Democrat...
Just an observation :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
I'm curious to know how many people don't have a clue what they are.-- or-- don't have a clue what you're talking about at least. :)

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by PontiacJ8@Mar 8 2004, 07:54 PM
I've learned in my short time of paying attention to politics and life long love of cars that a majority of Saab & Volvo drivers tend to vote Democrat...
My old college professor with his salt&pepper beard, and tweed jacket with the patches on the sleeves drove one.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Just to let you know Ming, someone who is Fiscally Liberal (Tax the rich, give money to poor) and Socially Conservative (Anti-Abortion, Anti-Gay Marrige) is more popularly known (well around here anyways) as a Populist.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by TaHoE@Mar 8 2004, 10:16 PM
Just to let you know Ming, someone who is Fiscally Liberal (Tax the rich, give money to poor) and Socially Conservative (Anti-Abortion, Anti-Gay Marrige) is more popularly known (well around here anyways) as a Populist.
Thanks! I knew there was a name for it. :D Changed!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts