GM Inside News Forum banner
181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
So we still have a two year wait until these electric Silverados are actually on sale?

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,777 Posts
Most cab/chassis trucks are 2500HD / 3500 HD chassis'. Not saying they don't currently offer a cab/chassis 1500, just have never seen that.

There's really nothing to such a configuration- you just aren't paying for a bed. Or... buy one as is, undo 6 bolts and pull the bed yourself /wherever you're having said utility body installed.
But at some point if they think their "future is all electric" then these sizes will have to come along for that ride too and like I said how will the Ultium & skateboard setup fill those shoes considering the design of it that we see? ... Edit: ... Found This... Yippee, but some of my qualms still exist lol. GM CONFIRMS DEVELOPMENT OF ELECTRIC HEAVY DUTY TRUCKS

·
Registered
Current ride: 2015 Sonic sedan 1.8L/5sp
2,466 Posts
2 years away? Ford has a HUUUUGE leg up on GM here.
"Fall 2023" could be September 2023, about 18 months, just sayin'. They will start production of the fleet versions in "Spring 2023", it's even possible they could move that up. Note they moved up the production date of Lyriq by nine months.

Unlike the Hummer, which is the first vehicle assembled at the completely redone Factory Zip, the factory should be completely up & running...I hope so for their sake!

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 · (Edited)
I just realized - We're also getting a preview of the Tahoe, Suburban, and other full-size GM electric SUVs.

Most likely, the length and wheelbase of the Silverado EV will match the Suburban and the gap between the rear door and wheel well will be eliminated for the (shorter) Tahoe.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
So when is the actual on sale date for the new Electric Silverado?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I just realized - We're also getting a preview of the Tahoe, Suburban, and other full-size GM electric SUVs.

Most likely, the length and wheelbase of the Silverado EV will match the Suburban and the gap between the rear door and wheel well will be eliminated for the (shorter) Tahoe.
Unlike Unibody or BOF where it greatly benefits the maker to keep the dimensions the same. With production of skateboards you don’t have those limitations financially. There could be greater differentiation if GM chooses.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
372 Posts
Frunks are where it's at. I hate putting my groceries in my back seat, often spilling out and rolling under seats. Think about traveling with luggage and a family, as it gets wet in the bed of the trunk as you did not properly cover. And so many more uses.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Frunks are where it's at. I hate putting my groceries in my back seat, often spilling out and rolling under seats. Think about traveling with luggage and a family, as it gets wet in the bed of the trunk as you did not properly cover. And so many more uses.
A frunk is a great place for the family pet or the in-law's corpse...I mean, to sit.

Just imagine if Clark Griswold had a frunk.....

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #200 ·
Here's a few pictures of the platform. The read axle/power-unit does appear to make the chassis very flexible since the engineers can easily move it for different size vehicles.
Cabinetry Electronic instrument Music Gas Font

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Light Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

181 - 200 of 217 Posts