GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice in my new C&D that the Saturn Vue V6 (the one - horrors! - with the Honda engine) has the exact same bleeding steering wheel as the CTS-V (compare page 142 with page 88)! They even made a round Saturn emblem (it's usually square, no?) to fill in the round spot in the center pad that normally carries a round Cadillac emblem.

This is going too far.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
ah- as long as it's minor I see no problem with it. Most people will never catch the connection, and the steering wheel is only offered on the Redline, eh?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
This is nothing new... back many many years ago Cadillac steering wheels ended up in Buicks... Stuff like that is going to happen here and there if it saves money and offers a nice styling variation if the parts are interchangable. If I were you guys, I would find something more relavent to bitch about...

Besides, I feel sorry for the poor Opels that had to wear Cadillac badges... Oh and lets not forget the highlight of Cadillac's past.. The Cimmaron with it's Cavalier body shell and interior trim and recycled 1970's-80's Pontiac Grand Prix steering wheel with the Wreath and Crest emblem... then later Cavalier steering wheels padded with a leather rim and a squared off horn pad....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Originally posted by AMcA@Feb 10 2004, 12:50 AM
I notice in my new C&D that the Saturn Vue V6 (the one - horrors! - with the Honda engine) has the exact same bleeding steering wheel as the CTS-V (compare page 142 with page 88)! They even made a round Saturn emblem (it's usually square, no?) to fill in the round spot in the center pad that normally carries a round Cadillac emblem.

This is going too far.
Just imagaine if they used a whole TrailBlazer !!!!!!!!!.....The horror......the...ho...r..ro...r........

·
Registered
44,291 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s@Feb 10 2004, 05:52 PM
better then the steering wheel from the ion!! this thing is ugly!
I dont think that steering wheel is that bad.
Then again.. it does look like the steering wheel from the "Autopia" ride at Disneyland.
:roflmao:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by AMcA@Feb 10 2004, 04:50 AM
I notice in my new C&D that the Saturn Vue V6 (the one - horrors! - with the Honda engine) has the exact same bleeding steering wheel as the CTS-V (compare page 142 with page 88)!  They even made a round Saturn emblem (it's usually square, no?) to fill in the round spot in the center pad that normally carries a round Cadillac emblem.

This is going too far.
:eek: I noticed the same damn thing right away, I mean, there it was, page 142 looking right at me. A CTS steering wheel in a Saturn Vue, I mean where's the thinking at GM in all this? We have a beautiful 05 corvette with a damn near Malibu steering wheel, and Vue with this handsom CTS steering wheel, go figure!! I wouldn't want them using a Cadillac steering wheel in a vette, but i'll tell you the one that would have looked sweet in the 05 vette, is the Pontiac Soltice 3 spoke wheel. In my opinion, that would have made the vette complete.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.