GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And it turned out GREAT. Here are some pics for you perverts to fap to.

*THE CLEANER WAX WAS FOR THE ROOF AND HOOD ONLY*

If you aren't familiar with the situation, my dad's wife backed in to me and scraped down the side of my car back in January, thus causing $1600 in damage. Due to some financial trouble with them, it just now got fixed. The entire passenger side of the car was repainted. And I wasn't sure whether or not to wax it, but some of you guys, along with some other people, convinced me it would be fine so long as I used a high quality wax. Which I ended up doing. :D

Future plans

Drop it about 2.5"
Injen cold air intake (currently have some ****ty ebay one)
Megan cat-back exhaust (already have the headers)
18" TC-9 based hybrid, or RL-P, maybe even a Q
5 lug conversion w/17" TL wheels
Crossed drilled/slotted rotors all around w/ceramic pads
P-Spec Tuning short throw shifter

That's about it. I'm not turning it into a ricer, just modding/having fun with what I have. Isn't that was car guys do?? ;)

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
So, you've got 99 problems and a bi*** ain't one! :D

Why is the passenger side headlight so foggy? You can fix that, you know. :yup:

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Not bad car.....I always thought you were a GM man, but I guess not.

V6?

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
V6 models have 5 lugs, so his must be a 4cyl. (I was a long time Honda lover....still am I guess)

Looks nice!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Over a Honda? :lmao:

That's the funniest thing I have heard all day!!
H ad
O ne
N ever
D id
A gain

HAhaha, I actually have never owned one (never will) I just find that funny.

As long as you wax 'in straight lines' NOT CIRCLES, will you minimize adding un needed swirls marks. Remember that.

Only girl in your life? Silly rabbit, Honda's are for girls.

Yeah I hate.
Look at the site you are on!! hehe (all in gest budd')

·
Registered
9,751 Posts
Nice, I tried using ICE for a while but it'd leave a weird precipitate on my car. But that was the wax, never got the quick detailer.

Looks good though! I think I've asked before but what part of Fla are you in?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
H ad
O ne
N ever
D id
A gain

HAhaha, I actually have never owned one (never will) I just find that funny.

As long as you wax 'in straight lines' NOT CIRCLES, will you minimize adding un needed swirls marks. Remember that.

Only girl in your life? Silly rabbit, Honda's are for girls.

Yeah I hate.
Look at the site you are on!! hehe (all in gest budd')
:lmao:

·
Registered
13,337 Posts
Lets just say it is to give oneself pleasure. urbandictionary.com I'm sure will have a detailed definition.
Okay thanks I had a funny feeling that was it. Guess I will go LaCrosse myself for a while! Now HOW do I fix a foggy headlamp?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Okay thanks I had a funny feeling that was it. Guess I will go LaCrosse myself for a while! Now HOW do I fix a foggy headlamp?
Any place that sells car care products should also sell a couple of plastic/headlight restorer products as well. The one I used was blue and didn't have a real fancy label on it. I always forget the name. It worked fairly well. I didn't feel like doing the elbow grease thing so I used my Mother's buff ball thingy. I did one treatment and didn't use the high grit sandpaper that is optional and it worked fairly well. It was on my ex g/f's '96 Sebring LXi. The lights were really fogged over. We broke-up before I could really finish cleaning them properly. It's ~$6-8/bottle and there's plenty in the bottle.

I have heard that regular old toohpaste does a good job as well. I haven't tried it.

(Obviously you know why they changed the name LaCrosse to the even worse Allure in Canada...they should change it to Invicta in Canada at least :yup: )

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
foggy headlights:
I've had good luck with metal or chrome polish on plastics. The key is rubbing it in with a terry cloth in a back and forth motion (usually running the length of th headlight). then wipe it clean with a clean dry cloth.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Drop it about 2.5"
Injen cold air intake (currently have some ****ty ebay one)
Megan cat-back exhaust (already have the headers)
18" TC-9 based hybrid, or RL-P, maybe even a Q
5 lug conversion w/17" TL wheels
Crossed drilled/slotted rotors all around w/ceramic pads
P-Spec Tuning short throw shifter

That's about it. I'm not turning it into a ricer, just modding/having fun with what I have. Isn't that was car guys do?? ;)
Glad you got your ride back to tip-top shape......those future plans sound nice too, esp. since those coupes (yours & those like it) are my picks out of all Accords so far :yup:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts