GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Will this be our next LaCrosse/Allure?

Or, as said, is this more Insignia-based and will become the Aura?

·
Super Moderator
10,886 Posts
My guess is this would be the next Regal which will probably hit the market by the end of this year, and Buick China will roll out the New NA LaCrosse sometimes in 2010
So I wonder if that means that the Regal will be slotted below the LaCrosse as a kind of "entry-level mid-sized" offering?

Is that the way it currently works in China? I could have sworn I read that the Regal in China just went out of production, no? Could this be the replacement for it?

Glad to see GM reusing what they have -- the Insignia is a great car, but its a shame we wont be getting it in this form.

·
Registered
7,316 Posts
^^I would think Buick has more potential sales and profit-wise than Saturn. But the Aura really needed replaced a year ago IMO. You got me.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
So I wonder if that means that the Regal will be slotted below the LaCrosse as a kind of "entry-level mid-sized" offering?

Is that the way it currently works in China? I could have sworn I read that the Regal in China just went out of production, no? Could this be the replacement for it?

Glad to see GM reusing what they have -- the Insignia is a great car, but its a shame we wont be getting it in this form.
Yeah the old Regal is currently out of production, so they are using the Insignia to replace it.

Buick China is trying to use the so called "two mid-sized sedan strategy", Regal will be a more driver oriented, and LaCrosse will be more business focused, and they will probably cover the gap between Excelle all the way to Park Ave. Same as the Strategy used by Toyota and VW in the Chinese market, both providing 2 mid-sized sedan (Reiz/Camry from Toyota, and Passat/Magotan from VW)

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Keep in mind the last Chinese Regal that recently went out of production was still the old W-body car last seen in the US in 2004/2005. Imagine the shock the Chinese market is getting.....going from that Regal to an Insignia-based Regal.

So Saturn.......how about that Aura?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
very classy looking. the front looks too much like a lincoln breed with an impala...neithr of which sell like crazy. the rear end i absolutely love.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can't believe that GM offer the Opel Insignia as an Buick in China. :eek:
Which Car should Opel offer now?
Opel is expanding in China as an premiun brand and now they don't have a
midsize car :confused:

Opel/Vauxhall is after Chevy the most important brand for GM worldwide and
i can't understand that GM is selling and will sell a lot of Opels as rebadged
Chevys,Saturns,Holdens and Buicks.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts
So essentially an Opel Insignia with a Buick-like grille.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Will this be our next LaCrosse/Allure?

Or, as said, is this more Insignia-based and will become the Aura?
option #3: gm will drop saturn and replace the next aura with the lacrosse.

i could not fathom gm using identical tail lights on two mid-sized cars in the same price bracket. perhaps this is a china market lacrosse, and n.a. will get different styling?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts