GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GM's efforts to alter the Buick cache and create a stronger premium brand image is paying off. Buick is up 6 slots to place number 6 in the Consumer Reports Reliability Survey, as reported in Autoblog.

"The Consumer Reports Annual Auto Reliability Survey (right) is out, and the top two spots look much the same as last year's list with Lexus and Toyota in first and second place, respectively. However, there are some major shakeups for 2014, with Acura plunging eight spots from third in 2013 to 11th this year, and Mazda replaces it on the lowest step of the podium. Honda and Audi round out the top five. This year's list includes six Japanese brands in the top 10, two Europeans, one America and one Korean."

Click here for quick reference to survey results:
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-consumer-reports-annual-auto-reliability-survey/full/

Must mean something, The Chrysler-Fiat Quality Chief lost his job over it.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
I'm skeptical of these reliability surveys. Honda at #4? They recently settled a class action lawsuit re: excessive oil consumption/premature engine failure for their V6 with VCM.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I feel very fortunate that I went with a Buick Regal last year. :) My experience reflects CR's take on the reliability. Not only have I not been back to the dealer for any repairs, the car is solid. Not a squeak or rattle. A real pleasure to drive.

Reactions: Hitman1970

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thank you for posting this story, InvictaMan. I wondered why the Consumer Reports rankings hadn't been mentioned. But I'd bet that Buick won't use this in their TV advertising and will instead stick with the "it doesn't look like a Buick" theme.

·
Registered
508 Posts
The Cascada is built in Poland , I hear , on a Delta 2 platform / Vauxhall Astra VXR , apparently ? How will this fit into the younger , quality image Buick is building on ? There are so so grade interior plastics and confusing array of buttons and dials , plus the rather old man car handling...lots of body roll /lack of steering feedback , as was reported . The weight , too , is a concern as it is around 4,000 lbs . If Buick decides to upgrade the interior quality/sound deadening a bit and upgrade the driving dynamics to overall give it the Buick youthful feel and quality , this will probably add some weight to the mix . I would imagine Buick is going to insist on improvements to this vehicle , , not just a Buick grill tacked on , but is it possible to get their input changes made to the vehicle before it is shipped over here,,,or not ?? ...and would there also be a weight increase here that will impact driving dynamics and pricepoint too much ?
Hopefully this is not a step backwards for Buick in terms of what type of customer they are aiming for in the marketplace . Quality , performance and driveability will be a key here , the looks of the exterior are a given . Lastly , will the severely sloped windshield assembly pass the North American rollover standard ? This is not an easy fit in the Buick lineup , but they are the new benchmark for GM , and if any division can do the job right , it is Buick !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.