GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: Private email. Link will follow.

Article quote:

Michael Burton, General Motors director for interior design, revealed that "we're playing around with the Saturn logo."

GM designers apparently feel that the current logo's red background doesn't fit Saturn's new upscale image. "Color has a tendency to make things look less premium," said Burton. "So that's a hint at where we may be headed."

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Here is the new logo......lol :D

Olds used to have a read logo too

I think the Saturn logo is fine, why change it, it doesn't look cheap. Most lux brands just use chrome, maybe that is what Saturn will do.

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
Backlighting would be cool, but I guess that going for a chrome-only logo would work. I don't see anything wrong with the current Saturn logo though and do not see a need to change it.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
thatoneguy said:
i say .. BACK LiGHT the red logo! that would be SO COOL!
Nah, save that for the cadillac logo... that would be even cooler..

But about the Saturn logo, I think thats all they will end up doing is keeping the same square logo, and just removing the red, so where there was red, there will be nothing. It will just be a chrome square, with the chrome planet.

I actually agree with that.... I think Chevy should not have that brownish gold color... its so ugly. I think the chevy should be a chrome outline of the bowtie, not filled in with anything.

It would be cool if they removed color from every logo except Cadillac and SAAB. Those are a must have.

Pontiac could prolly get away with a chrome triangle thingy...

GMC should dump the red, and replace it with a grayish color or something. Because a big chrome GMC would look ugly.

·
Registered
17,579 Posts
Oh yeah. This Caddy logo looks soooo cheap with all those colors.... This black-white-blue BMW makes me sick too... Somebody should also tell these Alfa Romeo guys their tacky colors have to go. Oh, and this red in Bugatti - how last-season!

At least Saturn will be one step ahead of VW - they still have this tacky blue!

Seriously, Saturn has a great logo, red is a perfect color, color adds indentity! "Manufactured" brands like Acura, Lexus or Infiniti don't have colors (unless somebody is so deprived of taste to order "gold badge package"), but there's no reason for Saturn to copy, especially that they aren't going anywhere near those brands. The "colorless" logos on new Saturn steering wheels look terribly tacky, like "look, we saved $0.02 on red paint!".

These guys went to the same schools with the "MK" Marketing Idiots @ Ford.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Lexus and Acura have two of the worst logos. It's just the first letter of the brand with a circle around it. Saturns logo is more original, it is sad, but I could see GM making it more generic looking.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
i also kind of like the Saturn logo. they could do it in black though, that would be cool.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Z28x said:
Here is the new logo......lol :D

Olds used to have a read logo too

I think the Saturn logo is fine, why change it, it doesn't look cheap. Most lux brands just use chrome, maybe that is what Saturn will do.
I was thinking somethign like the Oldsmobile one (the newer one) would look good for Saturn.

Just take that basic logo and change it a bit to give it the "rings around Saturn" look to it...then put a darker/Hunter green behind it.

Anyway, that is what I have in my head.

·
Registered
310 Posts
The logo I feel is the worst right now is the Mazda logo, it totally blends in with everything. I love the Saturn logo... plus it's not like Saturn has been around so long that it already needs to update it's logo.....

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
How is having a colorless logo a la Toyotugh, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubiscchhhi, Licksus, Acura, Infinity any more premium. GM has the best logos of all carmakers. If designers need to play around with things, there's plenty to do at GM. Saturn's logo ain't one of them.

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo they are going to make it silver/grey/chrome like they already do with the steering wheel of the vue...thats gay. i like the color, it looks attractive and masculine. Saturnsteve should send saturn his avatar

·
Registered
622 Posts
cfch3399 said:
How is having a colorless logo a la Toyotugh, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubiscchhhi, Licksus, Acura, Infinity any more premium. GM has the best logos of all carmakers. If designers need to play around with things, there's plenty to do at GM. Saturn's logo ain't one of them.
Yup! They need to keep playin around with those interiors until they get 'em right! :cool:

1 - 20 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.