GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
ha! I like these but people are going to get the impression that the message is for young fold to "go ahead and check out that attractive individual on the sidewalk; we'll watch the road for you."

·
Premium Member
36,287 Posts
Corsa: The car for idiots and airheads. Yes we can!

Great.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, reinforces a few negative stereotypes about female drivers....but at least they weren't texting!!

Opel was once again the major sponsor of the NYE show at Brandenburg Tor here in Berlin. The Corsa was front and centre on the main stage (OK, a bit off to the side) and the new "OH" campaign TVCs were played on the big screens.

3D glasses were handed out to the crowd - every light source turned into an Opel logo. The fireworks were awesome with bazillions of Opel logos floating through the sky!!!

Top night!

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
That's weird because only the first video may have played to stereotypes some of which could apply to young drivers generally. The second could have easily been two young men looking at a girl. The third was a guy reading the woman's signals wrong so I find it odd how extreme some of the comments are.....not!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Really irresponsible adverts, apart from the last one. But all are vacuous really. However, did anyone see the Opel Karl/Vauxhall Viva trailer
come up in the links at the end of the vids? No feed about that yet.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Super , duper , hits the right audience where it counts , Opel needs a winner right now and this quality product could be a hit . I'm not sure of how it will place in the segments pricepoint , Volkswagon , for one , is super competitive with its pricepoint and really owns the market in Europe . This Opel design and safety features , however , looks to be the right product NOW in that high volume small car segment . Opel lost a huge amount of money last year and will lose big time this year. Hope their pockets are deep enough to get the company profitable , it may take several years .....or never !!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yeah, the first commercial has the female driving stereotype. But it's still a great commercial. I had no idea the new Corsa has all those high tech features that I thought were only on cars of higher price points. That a car this inexpensive has them is impressive. I know, they will be options that increase the price of the car, but it will still be relatively inexpensive.
And great casting job! :-D

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Yeah, the first commercial has the female driving stereotype. But it's still a great commercial. I had no idea the new Corsa has all those high tech features that I thought were only on cars of higher price points. That a car this inexpensive has them is impressive. I know, they will be options that increase the price of the car, but it will still be relatively inexpensive.
And great casting job! :-D
You are right, it isn't that expensive, if you compare the Corsa with premium cars like Audi A1 or BMW Mini. The 3-door starts at €12,000 (all prices incl. 19% VAT). Most of the high tech features comming from the Opel front-eye camera system, a €700 option incl. distance display, collision alert, high-beam assist for the xeon headlights, lane assistant, traffic sign assistant). On the comfy side, I would order the comfort package 2 for €875 incl. heated windscreen/steering wheel/front seats, auto park system and blind-spot alert. Rear-view camera is a €295 extra. Finally the trend package (€510) incl. auto climate with sun sensor, solar protect windscreen and 16" alloy wheels.

You get a very nice equipped Corsa in top-trim level (base price €14,890, incl. bi-xenon headlights) with all those packages (€2,380), especially if you compare the price of €17,270 to the €19,200 Audi wants from you for a base A1.

OTOH, a fully loaded Corsa 1.3 CDTI is a €26,000 car. With a possible Corsa S and OPC it can go well over €30,000.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.