GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My personal favorite is the GMC Envoy XUV. Great new engine, nice interior, and MAN --- you really have to see one in person to appreciate how much the things can DO! You can basically make a pickup out of it by raising a window in the rear -- in addition to the sliding roof, dual swing tailgate and all of that. For me it is the perfect package. There are other great GM cars and trucks out right now, but the Envoy XUV just does it all for me. Maybe its because I like throwing dirty stuff - plants, gear, whatever, in the back of my SUV, and washing it out with a hose, or occasionally going roofless...its so cool.

As far as status and luxury go, the Cadillac SRX would be nice or the CTS-V...

I really wanted to like the Bonneville GXP, but it didn't change enough from my 2000 Bonneville SSEi, 'cept under the hood and exterior - which is great, but I don't want to feel like I'm sitting in the same vehicle.

Which would you choose?

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
tough choice... maxx or colorado... but i think the maxx'd serve every need i have perfectly. love the positionable rear seats, and the rear sunroof, and the longer wheelbase, and the unique styling, and the snappy V6, and the decent economy, and and and...

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
None of the above, which is why I'm waiting for the G6.

There are certainly cars on that list that I'd like to own. XLR, SRX, etc...

But budget doesn't allow those cars.

In the cars in my price range, Aveo, mailbu, etc... I'd take the Malibu Maxx if I absolutely had to buy one. But I don't like the looks of it.

In a couple months, when the G6 comes out, hopefully it will be in my driveway.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
If cash was no issue an XLR and CTS-V would be a great looking driveway. If you needed an SUV the SRX would be very nice as well. The Cadillac ad with the XLR and SRX is another good idea for two cars that would make for a nice variety for any household.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
why are the XLR and CTSV together? That just totaly tips the votes twards them!

Why have any one of thoes other cars, when you can have a XLR!!!

if it came down to upcoming cars, Id want the C6 Z51 vert, in ruby red, 6spd with DVD navi and the heads up display.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would wait for the seville, but if the bonneville would have been rwd, I would have got it a blink ;) here you go :)

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
If it wasn't from being impressed with the reliability of the 3.8L motor and the improvements made to the drive train for the supercharged Monte Carlo (larger torque converter, powder metal connecting rods, suspension,...), I probably would have purchased in the following order;

Dodge Stratus coupe (R/T)-A reliable 3.0L Mitsu motor and with nice styling and aggressive exhaust note, I studied this car for 2 years before purchasing the MC. They seem to be catching on and I have seen many on the road. Assembled in Normal, IL and having great luck with the Caravans, I almost bought one in black. A 7 year power train eased any reluctance regarding the transmission. Aftermarket dealers such as Ripp Mods makes CAI and turbochargers to boost the already200hp motor.
Even though the MC was a bunch of grand more, it is more comfortable and sits well. I kept adjusting the seats in the Stratus to find a sweet spot. Also, the roof line is very low.

Honda CR-V Probably the best all-around small SUV on the market. The parts under the hood are laid out in a thoughtful manner (i.e., battery is not hidden) and the interior is comfortable. Since I'm not pulling a boat or trailer, the drive train is adequate for the vehicle. It could use a few more horses for highway ramps but knowing people with them, they seem to be bullet proof. Coming off 15 years of mini vans, I wanted a car (and a coupe) first in my option list.

Honda Civic- Built on the same platform as the CR-V, it is a great car to run around town. Again, the reliability of the Honda comes into play-couple this with a 6 year warranty on their certified, used cars, I could pick up a 2-3 year old car with a good feeling that I'm not picking a pig in a poke. Dodge Stratus sedan with the v-6 would be tied for third place.

Impala-Really turned my attention when the supercharged version debuted. Watched it closely as GM introduced it but was not enamored with the gray or brown only interior scheme. GM is one of the last to offer gauges (Please don't say that the electronic gauges are equal-who wants to be pushing buttons to bring up a disply while driving.) if not the last in their cars. Black only exterior okay but not that old fogey stuff inside. Maybe this choice would have been number 2.

After this-there is no after. I would have awaited the 2005 models.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I personally drive the CTS. I would perfer the XLR, however, I fill it is greatly over-priced. It had to be priced that high to get EURO buyers to notice it. I am curious what the USED pricing will be after a couple years....then it might be a value. I would consider the new C6 vette, before the XLR. $20,000 less money.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Since the poll said "If I had unlimited funds" I voted for the CTS-V/XLR since I wouldn't mind having either (I would rather have an XLR-V above all of 'em though...lol). But if it were on my current budget, rental aveo sounds good :lol:

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Among the cars listed it's the Caddy CTSv. The car I really want from GM is the Chevy Nomad. Sorry, my personal choice. For a number of reasons no GM car has turned me on like the Nomad for decades. If they ever build it, I will buy it. I was a GM buyer for years and left GM at the beginning of the 80's when they were building crap cars. The Nomad is the car that gets me back in a GM.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts