GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I think it was a year ago when I was watching one of these Asian/Korean auto videos and I was thinking to myself how weird that everyone is wearing masks and how annoying it must be.......

·
Registered
13,144 Posts
The g70 is a nice car. The new version shown is even nicer. Well done genesis.

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
7,818 Posts
Will be build in both LHD and RHD to widen its global appeal - it'll be interesting to watch the Genesis brand in Europe, I'm making no predictions!

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2022 Genesis G70 Shows Major Facelift In Real Images
Motor1
By: Chris Bruce

After first providing a glimpse of the refreshed 2022 Genesis G70 in September, the South Korean premium marque is now fully unveiling the updated sedan. The vehicle goes on sale in its home market first and then launches elsewhere, like the US, in 2021.

The engine range doesn't change in South Korea, but there are minor drivetrain tweaks. The Dynamic AWD System gains a drift mode for hanging out the tail. A new Sports+ driving mode makes the engine and transmission programming even more aggressive. The V6 gets an exhaust with active valves to give the sedan a more muscular sound.
In the US, there's a rumor that a 2.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder would replace the existing 2.0-liter powerplant in the refreshed G70. It makes 290 horsepower (216 kilowatts) and 310 pound-feet (420 Newton-meters) of torque. This would be an increase of 38 hp (28 kW) and 50 lb-ft (67 Nm) of torque.

The most notable design change for the 2022 G70 is at the front where the sedan gains split headlights like other Genesis vehicles. There's also a revised shield-shaped grille that comes to a point at the bottom. The vents behind the front wheels are now smaller. At the back, there are revised taillights with split lamps like the ones in front. The Sport model has a wide, oval-shaped exhaust outlet coming from each corner with a diffuser running between the pipes.

·
Registered
16,590 Posts
So this reminds me of the parent company, Hyundai, and therefore makes me think of their biggest fan - Neanterthal. What happened to him? I haven't seen him in awhile. Did he get banned for politics or is he just gone?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
while this is the best execution of the design I don't like the split headlights but I guess it's fine on the tails...it could benefit from a single slightly larger slim headlight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts