GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hardly control my excitement! I went to pontiac.com ( http://www.pontiac.com/fuelingzone/index.j...e&pagename=home ) and I saw my dream car. the Pontiac Montana SV6!!! :bounce:

No, it isn't as cool as this:

But it is sure close!!!

Shweet! Check the grill!

Honda's "2005 A Space Odyssey" has nothing on that!

And don't complain about it using the old stuff - the Odyssey is a refresh, too!

The Montana SV6 is so cool, I must have one NOW!!! :woot2:

Look at that fold flat floor - it looks so big! No more taking the seats out of the back!

"Mid pack performer" them agazines say. I say NOT! Who's with me here?

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
well when you word it THAT way...

however, the grille is standard pontiac fare, the odyssey was a refresh of a class-leading (or at least matching) vehicle, and the fold flat floor is only flat because they added the cargo bin (which actually lowers the useable cargo volume). as for mid-pack performer, only a test-drive will tell. torque numbers are okay, hp is a little low.

you don't quite have a bullet-proof argument... but if you really like it that much then i'm sure it'd be a great vehicle for you! and who cares what anyone else thinks if it suits you well?!? i do think it's the sharpest of the CSV's. hope it's priced right for you!

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I love it!
I think GM works rebates into its price from the start - and if they can cut back on rebates it just means more profit for them.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I think it looks much better from this angle (56K modem user alert!):

The grille seems to be of the right proportions and angles, which is more than can be said for many of the Pontiacs right now.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Yup, that view looks pretty good - still not enough for me though.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@May 14 2004, 09:21 PM
I think it looks much better from this angle (56K modem user alert!):

The grille seems to be of the right proportions and angles, which is more than can be said for many of the Pontiacs right now.
Thanks for the warning, they did a decent job in the little design change compared to the other CSV's but I don't know how you can really make a mini-van/cross over van "sexy" :unsure:

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
hahahah at that angle, the SV6 looks as much as an SUV as the Durango!
I also like all the CSV's and they took a totaly different approach at how to make a mini van. I dont see the "bomb" that everyone else sees. I think that it will probably do much better then the ones they replace.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
What makes the Pontiac sportier than the Chevrolet and Saturn versions? I understand that Buick is meant to be upscale, and the Pontiac more sporty, but how does it attempt to differentiate itself? <_<

·
Registered
129 Posts
Try as I might I just can't get excited about a mini-van, 'er sport utility mobility outdoor's man activity platform or whatever they're called this week.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
With gas prices so high, maybe GM can use these vehicles to stop people who want the cargo space of large SUVs (and never go off road) but want the fuel economy of a car-based ute to stick with GM brands instead of saying no to Suburbans and buying Highlanders or Pilots instead.

One thing I don't understand is how with 20 more horses and torque and a strenthened frame, why the tow rating is still (?) at 3500 pounds.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
What makes the Pontiac sportier than the Chevrolet and Saturn versions? I understand that Buick is meant to be upscale, and the Pontiac more sporty, but how does it attempt to differentiate itself? <_<

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711@May 20 2004, 11:49 PM
the lines and the curves and the features is what i would have to say

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
It's like the "sport package" you buy for your Chevy Venture. ;) It's just "sportier". Can't you just accept that fact? :D

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@May 21 2004, 01:11 AM
It's like the "sport package" you buy for your Chevy Venture. ;) It's just "sportier". Can't you just accept that fact? :D
What does the Sport package do? And what I meant is what are the suspension differences when I asked how does it differentiate itself. :argue:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by surferdude00711+May 23 2004, 09:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (surferdude00711 @ May 23 2004, 09:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ming@May 21 2004, 01:11 AM
It's like the "sport package" you buy for your Chevy Venture.   ;)  It's just "sportier".  Can't you just accept that fact?  :D
What does the Sport package do? And what I meant is what are the suspension differences when I asked how does it differentiate itself. :argue: [/b][/quote]
My guess is "not much", and my response was meant in jest. However, the Buick Rainier has slightly smaller wheels, so I suppose there could be some difference felt there. Still, the CSV's from what I've seen are going to be pretty much the same vehicle with a different face and interior colors, except the Terraza, which has the Buick "Quiet Tuning" insulation soundproofing stuff. I'd like to see them be more different, but I'm guessing the level of difference is only going to be as great as the difference between a Montana and a Venture or Silhouette.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Lol to bad that means nothing other than some color differations and different badges... It like GM designed one anonymous van, made some color and badge chages, and made them four models! Hey, wait a second, that Sounds like a re-badge (sarcasm)! :woot2:

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I tried to like the looks of the SV6 as I do like the new interior and the 3.5L changes, but in the end we decided to go for a 2004 Montana instead. Current model just looks better in every way and the deals are almost at "give away status" for a very good little van. So far so good after 3 months.

Maybe I will regret when I see the SV6 in person, but I saw the Uplander and I didn't care for it much.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts