GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I got to lookin at those pics I took of my Malibu the day after I took her home....they're nice and all, but not really all that flattering IMO. I've kinda decided to indulge in a little casual photography and decided to start up my own lil thread here as a repository for all my pics. I dunno, might have discovered a new hobby too? (Maybe one day I can sit right up there w/rmodys? :p:)

(Pics were taken in 2-3 different locations around the park)

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Re: The Malibu

Nice. I think I like those chrome wheels best on that silver color. Once again congrats on the new car.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Yeah, great color/wheel choice, and may I be the first to compliment you on the location you chose to exploit your new past time. Where is this Walnut Grove Park, anyway? It seems to be a beautiful location...

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yeah, great color/wheel choice, and may I be the first to compliment you on the location you chose to exploit your new past time. Where is this Walnut Grove Park, anyway? It seems to be a beautiful location...
It's in the SW corner of Omaha. You wouldn't figure a park like that could fit in the middle of the suburban landscape, surrounded by a housing development, with a strip mall not far away......it's like a mini-oasis though :)

·
Registered
7,385 Posts

Beautiful car, I lived in Omaha for three years and I have no idea where that park is. Is it in Millard?

·
Registered
19 Posts

It's in the SW corner of Omaha. You wouldn't figure a park like that could fit in the middle of the suburban landscape, surrounded by a housing development, with a strip mall not far away......it's like a mini-oasis though
Fantastic. Oh, I almost forgot! Beautiful ride, man. I'm afraid working minimum wage isn't going to help me get any closer to purchasing something like that...

·
Registered
1,671 Posts

I absolutely LOVE the new Malibu. Absolutely beautiful.

I just hate ONE angle. I don't like the area between the rear window and the rear windshield. Looks bloated. But that's not nearly enough to offset the awesome that the rest of this car is.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Beautiful car, I lived in Omaha for three years and I have no idea where that park is. Is it in Millard?
Yep, keep going west on Q st. past Millard South HS and it should be right off of 150th.

Google Maps

I absolutely LOVE the new Malibu. Absolutely beautiful.

I just hate ONE angle. I don't like the area between the rear window and the rear windshield. Looks bloated. But that's not nearly enough to offset the awesome that the rest of this car is.
I kind of agree on the angle, though that part can be attributed solely to the design IMO.

Now that I have a good collection of shots here, I can use them as sort of a reference point for when I go out to other places w/a camera (so I know which ones work, which don't etc). The 5th & 6th ones up (starting @ the bottom) are 2 of my favs :yup:

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

I got poo'd on by a Canadian goose this weekend as I rode my motorcycle from Seattle to Spokane. I dislike VERY much!!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

Great pictures, the car looks fantastic. I can't help but thinking what nice vehicles the new Malibus are whenever they pass. And, to repeat what everybody else has said, great color and wheel combo.

-Chase

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts

So I got to lookin at those pics I took of my Malibu the day after I took her home....they're nice and all, but not really all that flattering IMO. I've kinda decided to indulge in a little casual photography and decided to start up my own lil thread here as a repository for all my pics. I dunno, might have discovered a new hobby too? (Maybe one day I can sit right up there w/rmodys? :p:)

(Pics were taken in 2-3 different locations around the park)

Nice pics and nice car. and trust me Photography is a fun hobby to get into. I got into it during my first few years of college and I've been having fun ever since. And my big break in the spy photo world came when I ruined VW's plans and got shots of the VW Routan a few days before it was officially unveiled. I hope you do decide to pursue photography as a hobby and try and experiment with different angles and backgrounds

·
Registered
3,019 Posts

Nice pics and nice car. and trust me Photography is a fun hobby to get into. I got into it during my first few years of college and I've been having fun ever since. And my big break in the spy photo world came when I ruined VW's plans and got shots of the VW Routan a few days before it was officially unveiled. I hope you do decide to pursue photography as a hobby and try and experiment with different angles and backgrounds
Brooke Shields will hunt you down... may God help you.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

While trying to figure out a good locale for my next series of pics, I thought why not try some night shots (practice makes perfect ;) ). These are really rough and I gotta admit, I don't like as many as I did with my last batch.

Location: Parking lot of a suburban strip mall (@ work, while on break at 2AM)

(The interior shots did turn out okay though I think :) )

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

On the spur of the moment, decided to grab the camera as I headed off on my school commute....snapped a nice set of pics when I got down there before class and a few more after I got out. Took a few non-car pics too.

*(Note: When I showed up around 11:45 or so, it was clear-partly cloudy.......must've rained a bit before I got out of class 2hrs later)*

(I'm rollin on perhaps the nicest wheelcovers/faux-rims in the industry ;) )

(Does anyone know how many bow ties are ON this car?! haha)

Oh....what do you know? Some wildlife in the city, including.......
A Cobra :D

and a Goat :D

This Protege looked pretty cool.... (badge on the back said 'MP3 Edition' ??)

Now for the non-car pics....

Our cold-war era dormitories/dining hall (building on the left is where I lived for about 4 1/2yrs)

The Devaney Center, home to Husker Basketball

Memorial Stadium....The House That Tom Built..... (where we're gonna make VA Tech cry uncle this weekend ;))

This building in the background used to be a pretty cool club......(until UNL banned alcohol on campus back in the day......)

The State Capital (AKA "The Prick on the Plains" ;))

Storm clouds rolling over Lincoln

Football practice fields in the foreground with Oldfather (L) and Hamilton (R) halls in the background

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: The Malibu *(New Pics added 9-23)*

Awesome lookin' car you got yourself my man. I'm sure she will be great to you.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Went downtown yesterday, with the full intention of taking pics........however, the Malibu wasn't the main focus :p:

I'll leave you the two pics I did take of my ride and then give you a link to the rest of em ;)

Location: Downtown Omaha (Heartland of America Park + Omaha Riverfront/Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge)

Check out all the rest!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts