GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
HOLY WOW!!! That is amazing. No, thats uber-fantastic news! Im getting goose-bumps all over just looking at that score!!
Not only was that a win and a half, but a killing! It beat out the 3 "luxury" leaders of MB, BMW, and Audi at there own game!! 16pts! That is amazing! Does anyone know if this was the 6spd 3.6? Now imagine if the interior of the CTS was better!
I belive the the tides are turning. Time for GM to take back what they had lost. Now GM has them on the run, as they scramble to put some product in to slow its size, but its just a matter of time before they start owning everyone.

Congrats GM and Caddy, you guys rock!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Is that this month's R&T? I'll have to pick it up!

[edit]nevermind, it says june 2004 at bottom, pg 77!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Pretty cool!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow; we finally beat BMW at it's own game. I'd show my brother, but he'd come up with some excuse as to why the CTS was a fluke <_<.

KEEP IT UP GENERAL!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Is this for real? Really? Has anyone seen the actual magazine?

I'm off to the newstand to check this out. This is big news!

If this is true, the world has indeed turned upside down! (That, and I'm an even more sensitive evaluator of cars than I thought: see my review of a recently rented CTS!)

Reporting the next day . . .

YUP! I've been to Border's - it's for real!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Looking further before I go to the newstand: it's gotta be for real - the interior design got poor reviews!

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Originally posted by bigals87z28@May 6 2004, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if this was the 6spd 3.6? Now imagine if the interior of the CTS was better!
Is there a 6-speed? I thought you had to have an automatic with the 3.6 engine.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by AMcA+May 6 2004, 06:49 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AMcA @ May 6 2004, 06:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigals87z28@May 6 2004, 08:26 AM
Does anyone know if this was the 6spd 3.6?  Now imagine if the interior of the CTS was better! 
Is there a 6-speed? I thought you had to have an automatic with the 3.6 engine. [/b][/quote]
The only 2004 CTS available is the 5-speed auto. The 6-speed manual doesn't arrive until the 05 models hit the dealer lots sometime in July.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the magazine. All the cars were automatics. Thankfully the Caddy had the new engine! The best quote about the CTS: "THis is what the BMW should be"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts